Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread
May 22, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #18 of 1,255
Subbed. The flagships look interesting, although it doesn't look like they use mmcx (or do they}? Running balanced would be very welcome for this price range.

Yep, although they only use 2-pin connectors on their upper-end models. The lower-tier stuff uses MMCX.

May 22, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #22 of 1,255
I love how Google Translate calls them "Rose technology Weak SCIENCE". I mean, where do they get this stuff, lol?

Their name in Chinese is "弱水科技", the first character "弱" individually means "weak", the second is water, and apparently the two together is the name of a river in China. And phonetically it sounds more or less like "rose" in English. The last two mean science/technology. 

Hopefully we can get some impressions soon, these look interesting. 

May 22, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #23 of 1,255
Their name in Chinese is "弱水科技", the first character "弱" individually means "weak", the second is water, and apparently the two together is the name of a river in China. And phonetically it sounds more or less like "rose" in English. The last two mean science/technology. 

Hopefully we can get some impressions soon, these look interesting. 

Thanks for this because I'm a scientist, and "weak science" doesn't sound like anything I want in IEM design :wink:

I guess I should've made a thread for these while I had the Margarita in house.

Maybe my man Paulpark222 can drop some impressions :)

May 22, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #27 of 1,255
Totally off topic, but I really like your avatar. Did you take the photo?

Thanks and no, I didn't take the photo:
http://imgur.com/gallery/2Sn8m
I literally change my avatar every other day. It has almost become an addiction of mine, albeit not costly like earphones. :)

May 22, 2016 at 9:16 PM Post #29 of 1,255
Aren't we all? Not gonna lie, but I'm ultra tempted to just purchase the Pudding and call it a day.

I'm impressed enough with the Mojito that I want to do the same, but as I already have a high end IEM I'm apprehensive about if it's worth the cost.

May 22, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #30 of 1,255
I'm impressed enough with the Mojito that I want to do the same, but as I already have a high end IEM I'm apprehensive about if it's worth the cost.

Thing is that I actually lack that one high-end IEM. I'm stuck in the realm of Mid-Fi (although great deals) since like forever. As prices are coming down, options get more and more difficult.
I'm literally stuck inbetween the Rose Pudding vs. the Shockwave 3 vs. the ZhiYin QT5 or the upcoming Master 6 from Trinity. Man, I can't decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back