Roon. What is it and why do I want it ?
Feb 26, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #32 of 37
Actually i have tried this with Plex and it works fine. I have lot of music on Google Drive which I added to Plex that is hosted on Cloud.
That way I can stream anywhere I want.
Yeah this is what I do. 500+ GB from my MacBook Pro + lifetime pass (on sale) = all my music available anywhere. Plex also now has tidal integration for those interested.

Didn’t mean to derail the thread though. Back to roon!

Sep 21, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #33 of 37
I know this thread is old, but in case anyone reads in hopes to gather more information about roon before making an investment, roon now supports streaming.

This means you will be able to access your library from anywhere :)

Nov 9, 2022 at 5:06 AM Post #34 of 37
I know this thread is old, but in case anyone reads in hopes to gather more information about roon before making an investment, roon now supports streaming.

interesting. i am still not sure if i would need it. so far i use the sony taz with my laptop. but i am not able to get the full quality from the qobuz or tidal app in windows. maybe the roon windows app would achieve it and transfer the full 24 bit / 192 hz via usb to the sony taz?! so far, this would be the only advantage i see.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #35 of 37

I use Plexamp currently, my PMS setup on a Raspberry Pi. How is Roon Arc different or better to Plexamp?

Dec 20, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #37 of 37

Users who are viewing this thread

Back