Room dampening materials
Jun 15, 2010 at 9:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

hal55

Head-Fier
My listening room measures 4 x 6m with 2.7m ceilings. Speakers are place on the 4m end and the room is reasonably furnished, inclusing a largish rug fixed to the wall at the opposite end.Speakers (wd25T EXCELS) are some half metre in from side walls and I'm forever fiddling with the distance from the back wall to try and get the balance 'just right". I'd like a slightly easier on the ear presentation than what I'm getting with most material, mainly more modern stuff. Older CD material can sound wonderful as does FM, much Cd/DVD though has this digital/bright character that is a touch wearing.
I know the trend today is for an "in your face" style of recording and, since i have to visit a foam/rubber warehouse this weekend on another matter, I was wondering if getting a few pieces cut to measure of a closed cell or acoustic rubber might not be a good idea.
Anyone experimented with this stuff and have any comment on it? I'm loath to pay for Deflex panels or similar when hopefully some cheap as chips foam will do the same job.

Thanks,

Hal55

Jun 20, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #2 of 2
Medical department of a store etc., get some eggcrate foam and cut as desired.
They use it as a mattress pad on beds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back