rolled some fuses - this is what I heard
Jan 6, 2008 at 10:29 PM Post #121 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vul Kuolun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hooray! Did i win the Virtual Dynamics 9V-batteryclip for my Cmoy?
biggrin.gif

Hardy har har
rolleyes.gif

Holly crap guys! What an exciting and thrilling game of catch the edited post while you can.. Thanks, was fun but gota go..
frown.gif

Jan 7, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #122 of 137
I did a quick search on HIFI-tuning fuse. It is made in Germany and has no UL listing. This might not even be safe or legal to sell.

It uses silver as an element. Silver is not known as a fuse element.

So if safety is a concern, better make sure these "fuse" have the certification, timing correct. For example, most IC will blow up quickly if the fuse does not blow fast enough. A very slow blow is then the same as no fuse.

All fuse companies provide a datasheet and certification and I couldn't find a single one for HiFi-tuning. For $60 a pop, I think they could afford the cost of certification unless their manufacturing process is not up to par.

Jan 7, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #123 of 137
Again, I'm not pushing fuse upgrading, but the HI-FI's go for $30 a pop, not $60.

Jan 7, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #124 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaZZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go test it yourself before spreading your wisdom!

I have wired speakers direct when I didn't have a fuse handy. Care to take a guess how it sounded?

See ya
Steve

Jan 7, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #125 of 137
I just got through the thread, and I realized we're talking about AC fuses, not speaker fuses. That's even more absurd that audiophile speaker fuses. It doesn't matter how much these cost or whether or not they make a difference in the sound if they aren't UL listed. HeadFi shouldn't be allowing anyone to advertise stuff that hasn't passed the required legal tests for safety in the US- especially something as important as a fuse.

See ya
Steve

Jan 7, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #126 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have wired speakers direct when I didn't have a fuse handy. Care to take a guess how it sounded?

This forum isn't made for guesses, but for reports and reviews. Which are still better and more useful than mere beliefs and ideologies. So care to report your findings without drawing final conclusions from them how audio works?

Jan 7, 2008 at 6:43 AM Post #128 of 137
Quote:

This forum isn't made for guesses, but for reports and reviews.

Who woulda thunk it?! I thought it was where people made stuff up and then tried to write dense scientific explanations to convince people they didn't just make it up!

See ya
Steve

Jan 7, 2008 at 6:44 AM Post #129 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, Ill guess for you Jazz, it sounded exactly the same as with a fuse.

That's a bingo! You can pick up your prize from Virtual Dynamics.

See ya
Steve

Jan 7, 2008 at 7:39 AM Post #131 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a bingo! You can pick up your prize from Virtual Dynamics.

See ya
Steve

Oh really?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoustic Chef
Nope no prizes for you, I heard a big improvement.

Awww, really? Why? I guess you have to believe in cables already in order to win them
rolleyes.gif
Seems a bit counter-productive to me.

I also enjoyed Virtual Dynamics' solicitation to me via PM (prior to their MoT status of course) offering me store credit on a $50 Signal Cable towards a $457 David 2.0 Digital IC. A steal.

Jan 7, 2008 at 8:45 AM Post #132 of 137
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, Ill guess for you Jazz, it sounded exactly the same as with a fuse. I would think you would pick up on that given bigshot's position on the matter.

Sure. But what I'd like to see from him is a bit more modesty: Just reports of his experiences instead of ideological generalizations based on his famous horse sense. In fact all I've read from Bigshot on Head-fi were ideological and cynical posts -- not one single simple experience report.

Jan 7, 2008 at 1:03 PM Post #133 of 137
Quote:

... Just reports of his experiences instead of ideological generalizations based on his famous horse sense.

That's way too much for Steve to handle.

Jan 7, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #134 of 137
Quote:

Sure. But what I'd like to see from him is a bit more modesty: Just reports of his experiences instead of ideological generalizations based on his famous horse sense. In fact all I've read from Bigshot on Head-fi were ideological and cynical posts -- not one single simple experience report.

Ya the poor guy must be lonely. Who wants to join in on a group hug?

And colonel, offer still stands. Maybe you'll believe if you try a real cable.
wink.gif

I've given away many to none believers. If you're willing to give a cable an honest listen and offer your honest opinion you could consider these Davids free, but I'm not seeing you as a candidate, sorry. Mabie when you’re a bit older.
wink.gif

Jan 7, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #135 of 137
Yes Acoustic Chef, your maturity really shines through; the wisdom you share with each post is just astounding. Do you write novels?

Considering its physically impossible for a cable to alter (or improve as some claim) a digital signal (assuming the cable is shielded of course), I am satisfied in knowing that your $457 cable is no better than my $50 cable. Why else would you be able to do all these half-price sales and offer free products? Oh right, there is probably only about $50 worth of parts in them...

But I'll offer this, send me a digital David (or any other of your digital RCA cables) and I'll try it and post an honest review. On top of that, I'll run some tests on it (with the aid of some computer/electrical engineering professors), see if it does the job better than any other cable out there (probably compare it to the Signal Cable and one of those ultra cheap RCA's from a composite cable). Unlike your "university" study, I'll take some input from folks here on how the tests should be run. Of course, should I be proven wrong, then I'll convert to the realm of the "believer".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back