Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #3,917 of 4,743
We had a great Time last weekends with the Headphone-zone making up the audiophile meet at Gurgaon n Delhi.
They had complete lineup of Beyer Headphones with Audeze previous flagships as many others in their collection with some good dac/amps.
The best part for me is that it provides a great platform for us Indian audiophiles to meet up , share their experiences n obviously listen to many headphones n set-ups otherwise not easily available .

Many of you must be aware about it ,for those who are not must attend it.
I have to say Its really a great initaitive taken by Raghav n His Team since last year which helps Indian audiophiles to meet up being a growing community.

Indeed, would like to see them or others to follow suit and spread to other cities too so that maximum people can take advantage for these meets.

Nov 4, 2016 at 6:41 AM Post #3,921 of 4,743

Has anyone ordered AKG 7XX from massdrop here? Did you pay customs?

I too want to know how to order from Massdrop and how it works. Could anyone who has bought from there shed some light please?

I ordered my Light Harmonic Geek Out 450 from Massdrop.
  1. Once you join the drop, your address and payment information will be required.
  2. An initial payment of 1$ will be debited from your card and will be reversed almost immediately. (I think this is just to check if the payment mode is valid)
  3. Once the drop is completed, you will be charged (Lowest drop price achieved + shipping)
  4. An update will be sent once Massdrop receives the shipment
  5. Another update will be sent once the product is shipped to you.
  6. USPS was used for my shipment (6.7$). I was unable to track the shipment beyond US shores (USPS is not required to provide tracking for numbers that start with "LN")
  7. One fine day(4 weeks since ship date), I found it lying in the basement of my building. Thank you IndiaPost for manhandling my mail!
  8. No customs duty charged. Probably because the box was small.

Pros :
  1. Ordering process is easy.
  2. Great Price.
Cons:
  1. Wait time before from drop completion to shipment (8 days for my order).
  2. Massdrop used the cheapest non-trackable USPS service, which meant I was at the mercy of the Indiapost gods.

Nov 4, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #3,922 of 4,743
I had bought Centrance Slim from Massdrop too but it was a small package but I am afraid of buying a headphone worth more than $200 from them. 

And my package was delivered by DHL to Indiapost, trackable till it reached India.

Nov 5, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #3,923 of 4,743
I've had three transactions on Massdrop so far, with the HE350 being the fourth that's currently in transit. They used USPS the first time I ordered in January 2015, the UPS Mail Innovation service and DHL's Global Mail service with the next three. It's their way of keeping shipping costs low and I usually receive the packages between 10-12 days after they leave the US warehouse, with delivery at the destination being handled by the country's postal operator. Tracking updates right up to final delivery.

That HE350 was an impulse buy, thinking of moving it along as soon as its here and getting the 6xx instead! USD 215 for a new HD650 is hard to pass up on, even if I do prefer the HD600. 

Nov 7, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #3,924 of 4,743
Nov 7, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #3,926 of 4,743
I have ordered something via USPS priority and can't seem to track the item after the departure from USA. I called up my post-office and they asked me to check the India post tracker online which just lands up on some error. Is there some one with some experience here ?

Nov 7, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #3,927 of 4,743
Who all are going to buy Massdrop HD6XX today evening ?

Nov 8, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #3,928 of 4,743
Hello @ayaflo:

trust you are well. Try www.indiapost.gov.in and use the USPS tracking number. Sometimes, the mentioned website will give you tracking only after it lands in India. I have had experience both ways with this and is inconsistent.

Nov 8, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #3,929 of 4,743
  Who all are going to buy Massdrop HD6XX today evening ?

Thinking about it, pity its the 650 and not the 600!

@kothganesh - welcome back man! Have you acquired anything interesting in the last few months?

P.S.:
To everyone here, I'm down on the 26/27 of Dec in Madras and would be happy to carry any SMALL items down for you to save the uncertain customs/transit issues we face at home. You will have to handle the whole process of purchasing the item and I could pick it up locally (if you're buying from a local retailer) or you can have it shipped to my address.

Items bought from abroad and shipped to SG will attract customs only if a single shipment exceeds SGD 400 (item cost plus shipping costs). Anything lower is free of duty.

I reiterate, small items only! Carrying a turntable for a friend and some stuff for another head-fi member already.

Nov 8, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #3,930 of 4,743

Bought quite a few things actually. 

1. Eddie Current Black Widow, Zana Deux Super amps
2. Audez'e Sine
3. Schiit Jotunheim
4. Vintage Koss 4AAA headphones
5. Camp Fire Andromeda
6. Other IEMs - TFZ Series 3 and 5
7. iFiEmatch adapter - highly recommend this accessory
8. Sony NW-ZX2
9. Entry-level turntable set up - TT and phono stage from Edwards Audio in England. 
10. Parasound P5 pre-amp
11. Mark Levinson MH 532 power amp. This is a beast.

I honestly don't think I will need anything for now but thank you so much for the offer mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back