Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #3,826 of 4,743

The housing on the Co-Donguri IEMs looks quite large, would someone with smallish ears have trouble with these? Also, where did you order them from :) ??

Co Donguri's  are pretty small actually, the housing for the regular Donguri's e.g. Syou & Raku are quite big. Co donguri should easily fit small ears. They are available at CD Japan & E Earphone

Sep 16, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #3,832 of 4,743
Guys Beyer replied about the cost of replacing the cable of my DT770. Should I say yes or no? The charge seems incredibly high for me. 2500 rupees sounds ridiculous!

qYu0PHp.jpg

Sep 17, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #3,835 of 4,743
  Anybody from India bought an iem from lendmeurears.com? If yes, then do they charge for custom fees and how much? I want to buy FLC8S

Nope. They don't add custom fee wth the product payment. I have bought Havis from them 2 years back, they mark the product to a lower value (20 US$ in my case) but I still ended up paying 1500 bucks as customs duty.

It's more of a Russian roulette when it comes to being charged for importing high-value products. From my experience, the ones with fancy box (+ heavier) coming through private shippers like DHL, FedEx etc often attracts (Brainwavz S0 I bought from mp4nation was the other one for which I had to shell out hefty customs duty that was 150% of the price that I had paid for the IEMs themselves) the customs' attention, though.

Sep 17, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #3,836 of 4,743
  Nope. They don't add custom fee wth the product payment. I have bought Havis from them 2 years back, they mark the product to a lower value (20 US$ in my case) but I still ended up paying 1500 bucks as customs duty.

It's more of a Russian roulette when it comes to being charged for importing high-value products. From my experience, the ones with fancy box (+ heavier) coming through private shippers like DHL, FedEx etc often attracts (Brainwavz S0 I bought from mp4nation was the other one for which I had to shell out hefty customs duty that was 150% of the price that I had paid for the IEMs themselves) the customs' attention, though.

Do I have to ask to lower the price or they do that by default? Do you think the charge is still 1500 Rs.? Do I have to pay the custom in the airport or during the delivery? I previously purchased from aliexpress but I never paid for customs. Thank you. If anybody recently purchased any item from LMUE, can you please tell me.

Sep 17, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #3,837 of 4,743
  Do I have to ask to lower the price or they do that by default? Do you think the charge is still 1500 Rs.? Do I have to pay the custom in the airport or during the delivery? I previously purchased from aliexpress but I never paid for customs. Thank you.

I didn't ask them about marking of lower price, but they still did which I think is the common practice among most china/hong kong based e-tailers.

IIRC, it was something like 30% of the package's original value (this so called original value is decided by customs official who handles our package). The calculation is very inconsistent and depends a lot on the customs officer's mindset on that particular day. Sometimes, when they suspect the package to be of high value than what is mentioned by the sender they do check up the product details on the internet to come up with their own estimation of customs charge (like the ones I had with S0 and Havis).

As I mentioned earlier, it is more of a lucky draw when it comes to being charged by customs office.

Sep 17, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #3,838 of 4,743
  I didn't ask them about marking of lower price, but they still did which I think is the common practice among most china/hong kong based e-tailers.

IIRC, it was something like 30% of the package's original value (this so called original value is decided by customs official who handles our package). The calculation is very inconsistent and depends a lot on the customs officer's mindset on that particular day. Sometimes, when they suspect the package to be of high value than what is mentioned by the sender they do check up the product details on the internet to come up with their own estimation of customs charge (like the ones I had with S0 and Havis).

As I mentioned earlier, it is more of a lucky draw when it comes to being charged by customs office.

where did you pay the custom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back