Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #3,589 of 4,743
Guys.. I am selling my 3 months old Easy UEs custom made earphone..
Anybody interested can pm me.
Reviews here are disabled due to some policy violation but you can read reviews by traversing reviewers profile.

Happy listening..
Vishal Kumar.

Jul 16, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #3,590 of 4,743
Anyone in Bangalore with HD6x0 or HD800?
I am eager to try them on my setup. I've heard them previously but only on the Lehman BCL which was average at best.

Jul 16, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #3,591 of 4,743
I am eager to try them on my setup. I've heard them previously but only on the Lehman BCL which was average at best.

There is a guy, forgot his name. He has a Mojo and HD800 who had come for the headphonezone meet last year

Jul 17, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #3,592 of 4,743

Mine is Mojo + HD650 :) I live near to Kalyan Nagar. Let me know, if i can be helpful in anyway.

Jul 20, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #3,593 of 4,743
  There is a guy, forgot his name. He has a Mojo and HD800 who had come for the headphonezone meet last year

I have a HD800 setup primarily drive them through Chord Hugo. I bought a Lehman LC precisely because they had amazing synergy with HD800. Wonder what went wrong there.

Let me know if interested. Cheers.

Jul 21, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #3,596 of 4,743
Hey, I'm from Kolkata, just bought the ATH-M50X, I've got a very low budget as I'm a student all I get is pocket money that to also 500 per month imagine that, I save all my money for my crave for music and I'm looking to buy a portable DAC now that can be powered my my phone, looking to buy Audioquest Dragonfly but I'm getting it no where in Kolkata can anyone please guide me what to do the Inbuilt DAC on my phone is worst than anything. Thanks...

Jul 22, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #3,597 of 4,743
Hey, I'm from Kolkata, just bought the ATH-M50X, I've got a very low budget as I'm a student all I get is pocket money that to also 500 per month imagine that, I save all my money for my crave for music and I'm looking to buy a portable DAC now that can be powered my my phone, looking to buy Audioquest Dragonfly but I'm getting it no where in Kolkata can anyone please guide me what to do the Inbuilt DAC on my phone is worst than anything. Thanks...

In my opinion u should opt for a stand alone dap like fiio x3 second gen which is around 14k or raise your budget and get fiio x5ii

Jul 22, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #3,600 of 4,743
  Actually I use online Streaming service and X3 will be costly for me, how will be the X1 compared to X3 worth the price difference?

FWIW, I own only X1 (bought from headphonezone's ebay store last year), it is a fantastic little DAP (cost me around 6700 bucks at the time of purchase) that does pretty decent job for my needs (that is playing stored music). It has a slightly warm sound signature, I use it mainly via its line out and pair it up with Topping NX1 (a somewhat neutralish Amp with extraordinary battery back up, roughly 70 hours for one full charge) that complements X1's sound signature, making a very balanced sounding audio gear. X1's interface is clean and straightforward, has okish battery back up (comes for 14 hours on average). Unfortunately, the only downside that I find with these are lack of possibility to use X1 as DAC like its bigger (and pricier + possibly better sound quality) brothers (X3, X5 etc...).

Reading from various reviews on the net (and herein this forum), Xduoo X3 seems a better deal in terms of pricing (nearly similar to Fiio X1), hardware, storage capacity, sound quality, and Rockboxability (Fiio X1 still does not have a Rockbox port, but Xduoo X3 has an active one). One area that i find (again just from reading other users' opinion) them not so good is their smaller monochrome display (whereas Fiio X1 has a much nicer looking bigger display with colors and album art support).

IIRC, none of these under 10K DAPs have streaming music capabilities (I doubt there are any such players available even under 20K).

Since you seem to be mainly using streaming service to listen to music, I would think it is better for you to invest in a decent DAC/AMP combo (under 10K) that will have multitudes of usage.

May be some of the experienced headifers here could help you show better route on this.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back