Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 28, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #3,541 of 4,743
  received mojo on april 24 but unboxed it on may 9.

to be frank i don't hear a discernible difference and i'd fail a blind test.
i'm comparing my mojo with samsung galaxy s3/s4/s7 exynos/msi gs60 2qe.
i'm using hd600 and se846. volume matched (ears). rapid a/b & 1 minute sessions.

at times i feel the mojo is smoother when compared to s3 (s3 being a bit more sterile/bright) but most of the times i fail to tell them apart.
at times i feel the mojo has a bit more and controlled sub bass when compared to s4/s7 but most of the times i fail to tell them apart.
sound stage, coherence & resolution seem to be more or less the same between these devices.

the cleanest output is the one from msi gs60 2qe with absolutely no hiss when paired with se846. all others hiss with se846 including mojo.
rf noise is a bit annoying when using mojo while flight mode is turned off. i am not sure what i am hearing but it sounds like noise even when flight mode is turned on but not annoying enough.

but as others tell, the mojo might take time to grow on me.
nevertheless i have decided to keep my mojo, simply because of its size to o/p power ratio.
i would sell my mojo without second thoughts if i did not have the hd600.

btw my samsung galaxy s7 is on sale : 38000 INR.
i'll post the ad in a day or two (head-fi).
pm me if you are interested. i'll reply with details and photos.

Edit (28/5/16):

i can now differentiate my laptop/galaxy s3 (CM13 24/5/16) from mojo but not my galaxy s7 (exynos g930f - stock rom) / galaxy s3 (stock rom - I9300XXUGNB6_I9300OJVGNB3_KSA).
gave away galaxy s4.

test method: rapid a/b (s3/s7/msi playing songs with a lag of 5/3/2 secs which means when i switch from mojo to s7/s3/msi i'll hear the same portion of the song => easier to 
volume match and compare)

msi gs60 2qe  vs mojo:
 gs60 - warmer / closed / beefier mids / more bass
 mojo - colder / open / brighter / analytic

galaxy s3 (CM 13 - 24/05/16) vs mojo:
 s3 - thin, less body, anaemic
 mojo - smooth, full body, punchy, balanced

galaxy s3 (stock rom) vs mojo:
 (psychic) sometimes s3 has more bass and sounds fuller, other times i feel the other way around and most of the times times i don't hear any difference
 (psychic) sometimes mojo is brighter, other times i feel the other way around and most of the times i don't hear any difference
 => i don't hear any discernible difference.

galaxy s7 vs mojo:
 i don't hear any discernible difference.

soundstage, coherence and resolution seem to be the same across all these devices.
having said that i don't have any particular preference among the ones that differ in sq. the device i'd prefer depends on the kind of song and portability.

May 28, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #3,542 of 4,743
  It's going to be a long weekend with a lot of piled up work to clear. I've got the Trinity Audio Engineering Delta V2 and the QP1R keeping me going.

Give Brooko's review a read, they're great value for the money. I never thought the filters could make such a difference, there are 7 pairs in total but I keep switching back and forth only between 2 of them. I believe Head-fi members can still claim the 20% discount on these. 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/trinity-delta-v2-dual-hybrid-iem/reviews/16080

R8RD48x.jpg

That's great. Would have got these if I didn't get the VC 1000s earlier. I think you mentioned about the Delta V2 a few weeks back. Got the VC1000 from another head-fier in Singapore. Currently, am saving up for the Andromeda. 

May 28, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #3,543 of 4,743
  So they are releasing the Fiio X7 ONLY body but you can't charge it or listen to it unless you buy one of their amp modules. I think when people said that they want X7 without the amp, they meant they could use an amp of their own choice not Fiio's. Or maybe I am wrong.

@Ritvik Have you auditioned it? How does it compare to your DAPs?

No didn't try out the X7. Sounds a bit odd, so with no amp module its not possible to charge the device? Which also means you also can't transfer anything to the internal memory (assuming they use the same port)? If you could charge it, it might have made for a decent transport. 
  That's great. Would have got these if I didn't get the VC 1000s earlier. I think you mentioned about the Delta V2 a few weeks back. Got the VC1000 from another head-fier in Singapore. Currently, am saving up for the Andromeda. 

Andromeda, that's big news! I saw but never auditioned the Jupiter when I was trying out the Onkyo DAP, excellent build quality. I also tried out the Noble Savant which I liked, but not as much as the Heir Audio Tzar 350 which I owned for a bit. The Savant is easier to driver and the treble is not as hot as the Tzar 350.

BTW, Massdrop seems to have a red version of the Monk+ currently on a "drop". If anyone couldn't get one via Aliexpress for some reason here's your chance! 

May 28, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #3,544 of 4,743
No you can't charge nor can you plug any cans/iems. you have to buy a Fiio amp module for Fiio X7 only to use to with it. In other words, instead of giving an option of amp to go with the body they say buy the body and the amp of your choice(among the Fiio modules) separately. 

May 30, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #3,545 of 4,743

So they are releasing the Fiio X7 ONLY body but you can't charge it or listen to it unless you buy one of their amp modules. I think when people said that they want X7 without the amp, they meant they could use an amp of their own choice not Fiio's. Or maybe I am wrong.

@Ritvik Have you auditioned it? How does it compare to your DAPs?

No didn't try out the X7. Sounds a bit odd, so with no amp module its not possible to charge the device? Which also means you also can't transfer anything to the internal memory (assuming they use the same port)? If you could charge it, it might have made for a decent transport. 

Andromeda, that's big news! I saw but never auditioned the Jupiter when I was trying out the Onkyo DAP, excellent build quality. I also tried out the Noble Savant which I liked, but not as much as the Heir Audio Tzar 350 which I owned for a bit. The Savant is easier to driver and the treble is not as hot as the Tzar 350.

BTW, Massdrop seems to have a red version of the Monk+ currently on a "drop". If anyone couldn't get one via Aliexpress for some reason here's your chance! 

Monk+ is available on AE, and it's cheaper than Massdrop.
I got total of 9 Monk+ till now :) & 8 Monks :) AE saved my life, cause i can't wear IEM, now i can enjoy real audiophile music :)

Jun 1, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #3,546 of 4,743
Hi guys, I bought a DT770 Pro 32 from Amazon few days back, http://i.imgur.com/gDXNJOT.png

Pretty impressed with it, but not totally, so thinking about getting a DAC, with 7.1 support, which is a must for me, as I use this mainly for movies and games, and less for music. So do you guys have any suggestion for that? Want something really budget friendly, and found Xonar U7, do you think it will be a good choice? Want external as my SLI setup and a separate LAN card have occupied the internal slots anyway.

Jun 2, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #3,547 of 4,743
  Hi guys, I bought a DT770 Pro 32 from Amazon few days back, http://i.imgur.com/gDXNJOT.png

Pretty impressed with it, but not totally, so thinking about getting a DAC, with 7.1 support, which is a must for me, as I use this mainly for movies and games, and less for music. So do you guys have any suggestion for that? Want something really budget friendly, and found Xonar U7, do you think it will be a good choice? Want external as my SLI setup and a separate LAN card have occupied the internal slots anyway.

Not to demoralize you anyway but if you use for gaming and movies mostly wouldn't it have been better to have a open back can?

Jun 2, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #3,548 of 4,743
Not to demoralize you anyway but if you use for gaming and movies mostly wouldn't it have been better to have a open back can?

Can't stand the sound leakage bro. If there were a open back with low sound leakage I'd be all over it.

Please have some inputs on the DAC fellas, help out this idiot here. Wanna buy tonight itself.

Jun 2, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #3,549 of 4,743
Can't stand the sound leakage bro. If there were a open back with low sound leakage I'd be all over it.

Please have some inputs on the DAC fellas, help out this idiot here. Wanna buy tonight itself.

There are several budget options like the Audioengine D1 or Schitt Fulla or Audio Quest Dragonfly V1.2, which might work well with the DT 770 Pro. BTW why do you need a 7.1 support so badly? 

Jun 2, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #3,550 of 4,743
  There are several budget options like the Audioengine D1 or Schitt Fulla or Audio Quest Dragonfly V1.2, which might work well with the DT 770 Pro. BTW why do you need a 7.1 support so badly? 

Like I mentioned mate, I need 7.1 compatibility for games and movies, that surround sound, be it fake or whatever is extremely important to me, for games footsteps become significantly more clear, and for movies too the difference with stereo 2 channels and 7.1 are day and night like, music won't matter normally anyway.

Actually my budget was really low, so that D1 amd Audio Quest ones are out of my budget somewhat, but that Schiit looks good, I was actually going for the Xonar U7, but thanks for your input, I will now consider the Schiit.

Jun 6, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #3,551 of 4,743
  Like I mentioned mate, I need 7.1 compatibility for games and movies, that surround sound, be it fake or whatever is extremely important to me, for games footsteps become significantly more clear, and for movies too the difference with stereo 2 channels and 7.1 are day and night like, music won't matter normally anyway.

Actually my budget was really low, so that D1 amd Audio Quest ones are out of my budget somewhat, but that Schiit looks good, I was actually going for the Xonar U7, but thanks for your input, I will now consider the Schiit.

Hey, congrats on your purchase. So finally bought the 770 eh? Enjoy.

Meanwhile, if you want to buy a FiiO E07K on the cheap, you know who to call. :)

Jun 6, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #3,552 of 4,743

Edit (28/5/16):

i can now differentiate my laptop/galaxy s3 (CM13 24/5/16) from mojo but not my galaxy s7 (exynos g930f - stock rom) / galaxy s3 (stock rom - I9300XXUGNB6_I9300OJVGNB3_KSA).
gave away galaxy s4.

test method: rapid a/b (s3/s7/msi playing songs with a lag of 5/3/2 secs which means when i switch from mojo to s7/s3/msi i'll hear the same portion of the song => easier to 
volume match and compare)

msi gs60 2qe  vs mojo:
 gs60 - warmer / closed / beefier mids / more bass
 mojo - colder / open / brighter / analytic

galaxy s3 (CM 13 - 24/05/16) vs mojo:
 s3 - thin, less body, anaemic
 mojo - smooth, full body, punchy, balanced

galaxy s3 (stock rom) vs mojo:
 (psychic) sometimes s3 has more bass and sounds fuller, other times i feel the other way around and most of the times times i don't hear any difference
 (psychic) sometimes mojo is brighter, other times i feel the other way around and most of the times i don't hear any difference
 => i don't hear any discernible difference.

galaxy s7 vs mojo:
 i don't hear any discernible difference.

soundstage, coherence and resolution seem to be the same across all these devices.
having said that i don't have any particular preference among the ones that differ in sq. the device i'd prefer depends on the kind of song and portability.

Okay, I have a couple of questions.

Firstly, when you say this > "galaxy s7 vs mojo: i don't hear any discernible difference." , do you mean you don't notice any difference at all in sound presentation, in any way? I'm interested in knowing whether the S7 sounds just as natural as the Mojo, in your opinion.

My second question would be, "galaxy s3 (stock rom) vs mojo: .... => i don't hear any discernible difference." ...say, what?

Jun 6, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #3,553 of 4,743
Hello guys,

I'm looking for a cheap DAC to buy.

Is there any place in India to buy hifimediy sabre 9023 dac? I don't want to wait for a month :/ 

Also interested in buying a used one if you wanna sell it.

Thanks.

@ithehappy CSGO I guess?

Jun 6, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #3,554 of 4,743
  Hello guys,

I'm looking for a cheap DAC to buy.

Is there any place in India to buy hifimediy sabre 9023 dac? I don't want to wait for a month :/ 

Also interested in buying a used one if you wanna sell it.

Thanks.

@ithehappy CSGO I guess?

Like I mentioned in my post above, I have an E07K 'Andes' to sell if you're interested.

Do let me know via PM. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back