Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #3,481 of 4,743

Are Monk VE and Monk Plus different? http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Venture-Electronic-VE-MONK-earbud-earphone/32417311324.html

P.S Read the description. Chinese are funny people. LOL

Reading from the Monk thread it appears the difference is in the impedance level (newer one has higher impedance 64 ohm compared to original's 32 ohm) and sensitivity (it seems newer ones are slightly easier to drive compared to original ones).

BTW, I own only the old Monk which are very decent earbuds for most music genre (albeit with a bit too boomy mid bass bloat for my liking and slightly early roll off of treble).

Monk+ is far better than Monk.

May 9, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #3,482 of 4,743

You could be right. But I am no big fan of earbuds as I struggle to get good fit on most of them (though, Monk is a tad better than the ones I have used earlier) and when i try to force them to stay in (via weird positioning) results in sore ears after few minutes of listening.

IEMs are my go to phones (isolation and fit are major reasons for it).

May 9, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #3,483 of 4,743

You could be right. But I am no big fan of earbuds as I struggle to get good fit on most of them (though, Monk is a tad better than the ones I have used earlier) and when i try to force them to stay in (via weird positioning) results in sore ears after few minutes of listening.

IEMs are my go to phones (isolation and fit are major reasons for it).

I am on the side of the river. I can;t wear IEM at all. I am really unlucky in this part :frowning2:
I end up spending more than $1000 on all high end earbuds available on aliexpress.

May 9, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #3,485 of 4,743

Wish god hasn't made me this way, i would have enjoyed Shure SE846 & Senn IE800 :)
But it's my fate :frowning2:

What ear tips did you use while putting on IEMs? 

I nev bought any IEM, i have used my frnd's and some @ stores in India & Tokyo.
It's my brain which make me feel suffocating when i wear IEM :frowning2:

May 9, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #3,486 of 4,743
  I am on the side of the river. I can;t wear IEM at all. I am really unlucky in this part :frowning2:
I end up spending more than $1000 on all high end earbuds available on aliexpress.

It's a shame that you are missing out on IEMs.

BTW, You've got some sick collection (noticed from your signature) there 
beerchug.gif

May 9, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #3,487 of 4,743

Okay, I can understand, might be a personal thing, have seen this with a few people myself, but then they got a pair with tips as per their liking accidentally and now they love IEMs. If you bump into anyone try Spin Fit, Comply Foam, Shure Olive Ear Tips, Earsonics Bi-Flangers, Sony Silicon Hybrid and Mushroom ear tips to name a few, who knows, you might get something you like, if you have not tried them all or more. 

May 9, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #3,488 of 4,743

It's a shame that you are missing out on IEMs.

BTW, You've got some sick collection (noticed from your signature) there 
beerchug.gif

Thank for your appreciation.
I got into this hobby just 6 months back.
I spent this much, so that i don't need to upgrade real soon.

Till now everything is going smoothly. Let see what's in future.

May 9, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #3,489 of 4,743

Okay, I can understand, might be a personal thing, have seen this with a few people myself, but then they got a pair with tips as per their liking accidentally and now they love IEMs. If you bump into anyone try Spin Fit, Comply Foam, Shure Olive Ear Tips, Earsonics Bi-Flangers, Sony Silicon Hybrid and Mushroom ear tips to name a few, who knows, you might get something you like, if you have not tried them all or more. 

No matter what i use, it will block my ear, but i enjoy more earbuds. I don't wanna seal my ears.
I am very happy with my earbuds, thank a ton to aliexpress :) Now i am living in heaven !

May 9, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #3,491 of 4,743
  No matter what i use, it will block my ear, but i enjoy more earbuds. I don't wanna seal my ears.
I am very happy with my earbuds, thank a ton to aliexpress :) Now i am living in heaven !

You are not alone, I am in the same boat. My left ear has different internal structure. Whatever I tried the left ear refused to keep them in for a long time finally sold my IE80. 

May 9, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #3,492 of 4,743
  picked it up from singapore ... also have a Aune M2 Pro and Shozy Alien Gold ... too much to listen too little time haha

a small wonder also showed up today Monk VE Plus

Hey! Did you ever got a chance to listen to xDuoo X3? I am looking for a comparison between Alien Shozy and xDuoo X3

Edit: Just found this fela http://www.amazon.com/Hidizs-AP100-Portable-Audio-Player/dp/B00N0DZ8F6 said to better than Fiio X5 at $177

May 10, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #3,493 of 4,743

picked it up from singapore ... also have a Aune M2 Pro and Shozy Alien Gold ... too much to listen too little time haha

a small wonder also showed up today Monk VE Plus

Hey! Did you ever got a chance to listen to xDuoo X3? I am looking for a comparison between Alien Shozy and xDuoo X3

Edit: Just found this fela http://www.amazon.com/Hidizs-AP100-Portable-Audio-Player/dp/B00N0DZ8F6 said to better than Fiio X5 at $177

I can compare with Xduoo X3 & Chord Mojo :)

May 10, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #3,494 of 4,743
i have not yet heard the xDuoo x3 and the AP100, for the money the alien gold beats alot of daps .. x3 has been very well rated so i dont think you are going wrong with either .. x3 has more file support plus display.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back