Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #3,452 of 4,743

here is my Monk Plus with the Opus#1. waiting for Shozy ZERO aswell.. heard it in singapore and i had to order a pair.. Meet its gonna be your new favourite once you hear it. :D

I'm expecting the same,I've heard only great stuff about them...BTW I'm actually struggling for a good fit with my monks,can you suggest something for that?

May 6, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #3,453 of 4,743
I think the fit thing is an issue with all earbuds, given that they're all almost identical in shape/size. Did you get the $5 dollar bud or the $10 pack with the extra accessories? Will be picking mine up tomorrow hoping they sit nicely with the ear guide kind of thing. 

@xEcuToR that's crazy USD 20k for a stack, wonder what his home setup up will be like !

May 6, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #3,454 of 4,743
I think the fit thing is an issue with all earbuds, given that they're all almost identical in shape/size. Did you get the $5 dollar bud or the $10 pack with the extra accessories? Will be picking mine up tomorrow hoping they sit nicely with the ear guide kind of thing. 

@xEcuToR
 that's crazy USD 20k for a stack, wonder what his home setup up will be like !

Akin to walk-in wardrobe? :)

May 6, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #3,455 of 4,743

@xEcuToR that's crazy USD 20k for a stack, wonder what his home setup up will be like !

I've purchased 5$ variant without additional accessories as they were not in stock back then,I'll suggest you to get the 10$ variant and see if that helps to improve the fit.
Unfortunately right now they are out of stock...

May 6, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #3,456 of 4,743
updated the monk pic in the first post, sorry the one u qoute is the blur earbuds ....  yes u should get the accessories pack like ritvik said. it has ear guide's in them which help with the fit alot.. 

May 6, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #3,457 of 4,743
  updated the monk pic in the first post, sorry the one u qoute is the blur earbuds ....  yes u should get the accessories pack like ritvik said. it has ear guide's in them which help with the fit alot.. 

I'm also looking forward to yurbuds covers for my monks,that may cost higher than the monks...
biggrin.gif
 ,but I'm sure it will be worth it....
wink.gif

May 6, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #3,459 of 4,743

Stacking amplifiers on top of one another to get better SQ,  doesn't sound like a smart thing to do. Think of the clipping, phase distortion, harmonic distortion, which will be caused when sound goes through that many amp stages. But I guess it doesn't matter to him as he won't even notice all that, cause he uses it in the subway and on top of it with an open Pioneer SE-1 Master cans. Brilliant!!

May 6, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #3,461 of 4,743
On a separate note, check this out. I don' know what to call this, even audiophiles or portable audiophiles/enthusiasts might find this an overkill. 

Overkill, 'maybe'?

To put it mildly, and from my lowly vantage point, this is absolutely hilarious. Almost dropped to the floor, along with my phone.

Call me an un-believer, but I humbly wonder how on planet earth would this seven device stack be worth its sound, all during a two hour suburban commute.
Ah, these Japanese. No wonder the Sun chose their place to rise and shine.

May 6, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #3,462 of 4,743
  I'm also from India.I'm living in Gujarat.Have bought RHA 750,VE MONK and waiting for SHOZY ZERO....So far I'm highly impressed from the tonalty and synergy of VE MONK...at 5$ they are SUPER DUPER AWESOME...I should also say the 750s are also too good,they're having wider soundstage and better instrument seperation...Using iphone 6s and Macbook pro retina 2015 as a source.

I have a Xiomi piston 3 they are also excellent for their price. They are sold for 350 Rs. (without remote) including shipping. Though their isolation is not that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back