Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #3,316 of 4,743

Yes both AK 240 and Angie arrived. Will post ASAP, right now my daughter and work is too demanding. Please give me day or two.

Whoa, congrats on your new acquisitions! Will await impressions, and comparisons of course. Cheers and enjoy.

Thanks, did not get time for any serious listening yet, will post my findings. 

Yes both AK 240 and Angie arrived. Will post ASAP, right now my daughter and work is too demanding. Please give me day or two.

That's some serious gear mate

Angie is serious, even from brief listening it has raised the bar. 

AK240 + Angie, wow that screams high end!

this is head-fi, excess is name of the game.

Take your time man, no fuss. BTW is the meet still on? 

Looking forward to it, I will send you a PM.

Mar 21, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #3,317 of 4,743
Mar 22, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #3,318 of 4,743
  Well, I gone through a lot of online guides and YouTube videos for tracking and eliminating that annoying Hum. After some diagnostic steps I'm pretty sure that the hum is being caused by EMI. So now I'm trying to tackle the source of EMI. I have some options such as balanced connection between my effects pedal and guitar, I'd like to try that out. 

DC-DC converter is wonderful idea btw. I had built some low noise power supplies in past, but all those just used large L-C filter sections instead of any use of modern tech such as switching.

Ditch switching mode if you are DIYing. Refer: http://tangentsoft.net/elec/opamp-linreg.html

Or even more recent design:

http://www.waltjung.org/waltsblog/regs/

Edit: And if you are making one, ping me too :wink:

Mar 25, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #3,319 of 4,743
@xEcuToR - Hello, the Warwick audio sound panels are E-stats and not Electrets as I had assumed previously. Bias voltage is 450V DC. 

Mar 26, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #3,320 of 4,743
Anyone here bought p1??
I have it for about 10 days now and these things are fantastic.It beats atleast dn 2000(haven't heard 2000j though) hands down.Its way better than vc1000 and havi b3 is not even in the same league.
Anyone wanting a non fatiguing signature will love these.

Mar 27, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #3,322 of 4,743
Folks, if anyone's interested, there's a slightly used Mojo for sale at 33,000 INR here.

I'll soon be picking up a review unit, thanks to the good folks at Headphone zone, and then decide on my purchase subsequently.

Hey Shreyas, if your review goes well and your have made up your mind for the mojo,  when would you buy it just asking. I would have my Box sealed Brand New Chord mojo by coming Wednesday home delivered haha.   Sorry you would miss the audition as you are travelling..
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #3,324 of 4,743
  Here are few photos of the gear which were auditioned in the meet. I will post my impressions when I get time to write, meanwhile enjoy the photos 

Those are lot of Gear out there and a great lot of IEMs. So how long did this audition go for. We sure look forward to your impressions.
biggrin.gif

Mar 27, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #3,325 of 4,743

Three more from my phone

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #3,328 of 4,743
So I finally got my Chord Mojo delivered today. A real tiny but powerful piece of art. Wow loved the unboxing. So here are the images.

Mar 31, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #3,329 of 4,743
While the world talks about Mojo all the time these days, there are other good amps which are coming out these days as well. Apparently a company called Phatlab made a desktop quality amp which is portable in the true sense and I'm really interested in hearing these some day. Phatlab Phantasy 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back