Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #2,657 of 4,743
BTW. Guess who has Hifiman HE-1000. :) :)

Oct 27, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #2,658 of 4,743
Some home made fun! Very clear sound!

Nov 4, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #2,659 of 4,743
Just arrived to Bangalore and got along all the gears in my Sig, 

net meet in Bangalore, will be able to get them along.

Nov 4, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #2,660 of 4,743
  Just arrived to Bangalore and got along all the gears in my Sig, 

net meet in Bangalore, will be able to get them along.

Oh wow. That collection! Can't wait for the next meet 
smile.gif

Nov 5, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #2,662 of 4,743
Xiaomi have a new sub 20 dollar hybrid 1+1 out soon. Might give that a go.

Waiting for reviews on the new Onkyo DAP. The Mojo is very tempting too.

Looking for a easy to use DAP that doubles as a Amp/DAC when at home.

Quite content with PAW 5000 for portable use.

The headfi bug seems to be dying in me. Even Canjam SG doesn't interest me much! I've been waiting for this day :)

Nov 15, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #2,663 of 4,743
Just saw this on the Headphonezone page. Headphone Connect is coming back!
smile.gif

Mumbai(28th Nov), New Delhi(5th Dec), Bangalore(19th Dec), Chennai(20th Dec).

Lineup looks good so far.
"Audeze EL-8, RHA S500, RHA T20, Jaybird X2, FiiO X7, FiiO Q1, V-MODA Crossfade Wireless, Jays q-JAYS, and MEEAudio M6 Pro, amongst others!"

There seems to be an entry fee ("Access Pass") of Rs. 1000.
Is it just an entry fee @raghavsomani? On the whole, apart from the new gear, is the meet formula the same as last year?

Nov 15, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #2,665 of 4,743
Hey Agasthya & Abhinit..

Yeah the dates for Headphone Connect are confirmed. We're just tieing up the details on what the line up of headphones should be. Some more products in addition to the ones above are Master & Dynamics range of Headphones including the MH40 & MH30, we've got Romanian brand Meze Headphones' Classic 99 which will be unveiled in India for the first time, and HiFiman is likely to make its presence felt with an extensive line up. Beyerdynamic is unveiling the new DT1770 Pro for the first time in Asia. Sony will make their new Hi-Res range including the MDR-Z7 and the PHA3 available. AKG is likely to have an extensive new line up available. The FiiO M3 should hopefully be there in time for Mumbai but will definitely be there for the other cities.

We've not yet finalized how the Rs. 1000 access pass works. The idea is simple. Most people who are coming down to Headphone Connect are genuinely interested in listening to high end gear, and are usually extremely well informed about the event and the headphones. However, not everyone wants to bring down their gear, sometimes they're first time headphone enthusiasts, and every once in a while someone with a stock iPod pair of Earphones decides to bring that with them. This wasn't really a problem until we realised that the invite list for Headphone Connect had grown from about 300 people to over 2000 people. Unfortunately we just cannot accomodate more than 40-50 guys per event. So we just need to make sure that we disincentivise the people who want to join us for reasons apart from the Headphones. 

So, one of the opinions that was shared with us, was that we make the event itself with an entry of Rs. 1000 which includes 2 beers and short eats and a Rs. 1000 gift card that is redeemable against any gear purchases, where everyone is welcome to bring their best gear, rather than making it a compulsary BYOG event. But, all Head-Fiers get an invite with a Rs. 1000 discount, all past event attendees get a Rs. 1000 discount, and all Headphone Zone customers get a Rs. 1000 discount, anyone else that anyone else knows and wants to invite to the event gets a Rs. 1000 discount. We should hopefully avoid more than 40-50 people showing up per event and will get the best guys from the community.

This is one of those things that we're sitting and fighting about like cats and dogs at Headphone Zone. Would you guys have an opinion on the matter? It would be extremely helpful. @getclikinagas @abhinit90 ...Thanks guys

Nov 15, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #2,666 of 4,743
  I think there might be something that we're missing. A BYOG event with an entry fee is not the norm. Maybe the access pass is something more?

For food or something it can be if possible.

Nov 16, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #2,667 of 4,743
  Hey Agasthya & Abhinit..

Yeah the dates for Headphone Connect are confirmed. We're just tieing up the details on what the line up of headphones should be. Some more products in addition to the ones above are Master & Dynamics range of Headphones including the MH40 & MH30, we've got Romanian brand Meze Headphones' Classic 99 which will be unveiled in India for the first time, and HiFiman is likely to make its presence felt with an extensive line up. Beyerdynamic is unveiling the new DT1770 Pro for the first time in Asia. Sony will make their new Hi-Res range including the MDR-Z7 and the PHA3 available. AKG is likely to have an extensive new line up available. The FiiO M3 should hopefully be there in time for Mumbai but will definitely be there for the other cities.

We've not yet finalized how the Rs. 1000 access pass works. The idea is simple. Most people who are coming down to Headphone Connect are genuinely interested in listening to high end gear, and are usually extremely well informed about the event and the headphones. However, not everyone wants to bring down their gear, sometimes they're first time headphone enthusiasts, and every once in a while someone with a stock iPod pair of Earphones decides to bring that with them. This wasn't really a problem until we realised that the invite list for Headphone Connect had grown from about 300 people to over 2000 people. Unfortunately we just cannot accomodate more than 40-50 guys per event. So we just need to make sure that we disincentivise the people who want to join us for reasons apart from the Headphones. 

So, one of the opinions that was shared with us, was that we make the event itself with an entry of Rs. 1000 which includes 2 beers and short eats and a Rs. 1000 gift card that is redeemable against any gear purchases, where everyone is welcome to bring their best gear, rather than making it a compulsary BYOG event. But, all Head-Fiers get an invite with a Rs. 1000 discount, all past event attendees get a Rs. 1000 discount, and all Headphone Zone customers get a Rs. 1000 discount, anyone else that anyone else knows and wants to invite to the event gets a Rs. 1000 discount. We should hopefully avoid more than 40-50 people showing up per event and will get the best guys from the community.

This is one of those things that we're sitting and fighting about like cats and dogs at Headphone Zone. Would you guys have an opinion on the matter? It would be extremely helpful. @getclikinagas @abhinit90 ...Thanks guys

hmm.... seems like a logical way to curtail the number of people attending, plus will entice people to order from headphonezone. A suggestion from my end that I have is that if someone wants to attend, they can send the gear they bring to you for approval, if your team approves of it then they can attend the event without any fees. This can be added on top of whatever it is that you are cooking. Quite a lot of people aren't comfortable with bringing their bulky equipments for a meet, so there's that.

Interested to hear the MH40 and the Meze, they sound interesting and I've been following them a bit.

Nov 16, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #2,668 of 4,743
Talk about good news! And good timing too, especially because after completing a long awaited headphone upgrade, yours truly is ultra keen to try out the latest and greatest ear fodder put out by the likes of FiiO, Audeze, Master & Dynamic, et al.

Also looking forward to meeting up with all you fine folks, beer in one hand, a pizza slice in the other, and some fine tunes enjoyed through some fine gear.

Nov 18, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #2,669 of 4,743
Got my LEAR NS-U1 today, backed the project in the first week of March. The wait was long but the people at Lear were great with communication via email, their webpage and also here on head-fi. Very slight delays from the first timeline set and overall a great job done for a company that's using crowd funding for the first time. I've got no time these days so sadly these will probably go on sale soon (unless they're more enjoyable than my current customs). 

In other news I've had sometime with the RS1 (helping a friend sell his pair) and I've fallen for them. I'd buy them if I could but that would totally go against my new "reduce gear to a minimum" policy. 

7crsWdE.jpg

Nov 18, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #2,670 of 4,743
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back