Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 22, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #2,448 of 4,743
Hello Raghav, do people also bring their gear?

Unfortunately i dont have my gear right now.

Yes Vaibhav, its a BYOG meet (Bring your own gear) , and secondly, what happened to your gear?

Ok.

My I have k550 but its earpads are wearing out. I doubt anyone will use it like that. I have ordered replacement from international seller, but they are not here yet. HD700 is still at my hometown and i dont have enough time to bring it here.

Jun 22, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #2,450 of 4,743
@getclikinagas

Great post. Thats a lot of high end gear.

So you preferred lcd2 over hd800?

Also were there any tube amps?

I am interested in audeze el8 as well as fiio x5ii.

Ah. I don't think I could say that. For one, the setting(and time) was less than optimal for 2 open back HPs and I believe they do not necessarily cater to the same crowd or even genres.
In short, I'd like to own both 
tongue.gif
. For obvious reasons, and also because I feel there will always be times where I will prefer one over the other.

No tube-amps at the meet. I'm not sure, is the Deckard a hybrid?(don't quote me on that).

@sandman1990 @ShreyasMax : Thanks. These meets really do give you a nice perspective on the different ways music can be experienced.

Jun 22, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #2,451 of 4,743
I'm not a fan of the HD800 but it does sound very good when driven well. I don't think the Hugo as an amp could push the HD800 to its full potential. I've heard the Hugo just once with the LCD-X and liked it, the owner though told me that he uses it solely as a DAC and leaves the amplification to other devices. 

Very eager to hear more about the X5ii, especially since I need a new DAP. SQ and battery life on my phone are nothing to rave about so I'm on the lookout for a mid-range DAP. No more AK devices for me, there seems to be much better value in the market. I've never owned a Fiio product before, the upcoming X7 is out of reach at its suggested retail price but everyone keeps praising the X5 so it might be worth looking into.Other tentative options for now are the Lotto Paw 5000 and the upcoming Cayin N5.

Jun 23, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #2,452 of 4,743
Ok.

My I have k550 but its earpads are wearing out. I doubt anyone will use it like that. I have ordered replacement from international seller, but they are not here yet. HD700 is still at my hometown and i dont have enough time to bring it here.

Okay, that's not a problem. You can bring your Audinst and K550 at least. Or you could ask someone to express courier the HD700 for you :)

Jun 24, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #2,454 of 4,743

On Sunday, This was the first ever headphone meet that I have attenced.  Special thanks to @raghavsomani for coming up with the idea, choosing an awesome location, free beer, food and other head-fiers and participants for getting their gear and letting me try it.
Met fellow head-fiers @getclikinagas and others whom I realized were much more passionate about the hobby than me. I was till 2 years ago, and after going the meet, I realized that I am not into it as I once was.

Stand Of all headphones: Koss, Shure, Klipsch, V-moda

Porta Poss were good. Reminded me of PX-100 II that I have. V-Moda M 80 were nice too. Shure 440 were okay. V-MOda XS didnt like the fit that much and LP2 were kind of okay.

Beyer Stand

Mr Shekar had shown up at the meet with a bunch of Beyerdynamic headphones. DT770 was good for electronic music. Pro990 were good. Custom One pro kind of okay.

Mother of All Setup

This was the special attraction. Mr Sree was sitting with his AK100, Cord Hugo and HD800 and graciously allow everyone to take an audition of his setup. I felt as if he had finally cracked the secret and was eager to share it with everyone. Listened to Sultans of Swing and the holographic presentation and open sound were really something. 

Concentrating below:

Audeze Stand

Frankly, I was unable to tell any difference between LCD2 and LCD3 :). Also, LCD X sounded okay. However listening to Avial/Opeth through Deckard did show the potential of the LCD 2 and LCD3

Unfortunately, I am not really sure if I am part of the whole Headphone cult anymore. In 2011 when I shifted from sony earbuds to HD 25-1 II and RE-262 there was a massive level of euphoria in my mind. However, when I heard all this amazing gear on Sunday, I did not feel the same. This is the explanation I have come with: If I give a rating of 1 to 100 to the headphones that I have owned. The sony earbuds were probably 20-25 and the RE-262 and HD 25 1-11 were 70-75. When I jumped to 70-75, I was ecstatic, however moving on to lets say a 90 or 95 with the HD 800 or Audeze didn't exactly give me that amount of happiness. Maybe, I should consider retiring.

Also, I tried most of the headphones with this song from my Fiio X1. And frankly speaking, all headphones sounded almost the same. Yeah, you can blame it on the DR rating of this album but, the point I am trying to make is, none of the headphone available sounded like a big upgrade over the HD 25-1 II for extreme metal.

One good thing though, thanks to @getclikinagas I was able to listen to RE-400 which I found to be a good IEM for metal. Maybe, that would be my next purchase :)

Jun 24, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #2,455 of 4,743

On Sunday, This was the first ever headphone meet that I have attenced.  Special thanks to @raghavsomani
 for coming up with the idea, choosing an awesome location, free beer, food and other head-fiers and participants for getting their gear and letting me try it.
Met fellow head-fiers @getclikinagas
 and others whom I realized were much more passionate about the hobby than me. I was till 2 years ago, and after going the meet, I realized that I am not into it as I once was.

Porta Poss were good. Reminded me of PX-100 II that I have. V-Moda M 80 were nice too. Shure 440 were okay. V-MOda XS didnt like the fit that much and LP2 were kind of okay.

Beyer Stand

Mr Shekar had shown up at the meet with a bunch of Beyerdynamic headphones. DT770 was good for electronic music. Pro990 were good. Custom One pro kind of okay.

Mother of All Setup

This was the special attraction. Mr Sree was sitting with his AK100, Cord Hugo and HD800 and graciously allow everyone to take an audition of his setup. I felt as if he had finally cracked the secret and was eager to share it with everyone. Listened to Sultans of Swing and the holographic presentation and open sound were really something. 

Concentrating below:

Audeze Stand

Frankly, I was unable to tell any difference between LCD2 and LCD3 :). Also, LCD X sounded okay. However listening to Avial/Opeth through Deckard did show the potential of the LCD 2 and LCD3

Unfortunately, I am not really sure if I am part of the whole Headphone cult anymore. In 2011 when I shifted from sony earbuds to HD 25-1 II and RE-262 there was a massive level of euphoria in my mind. However, when I heard all this amazing gear on Sunday, I did not feel the same. This is the explanation I have come with: If I give a rating of 1 to 100 to the headphones that I have owned. The sony earbuds were probably 20-25 and the RE-262 and HD 25 1-11 were 70-75. When I jumped to 70-75, I was ecstatic, however moving on to lets say a 90 or 95 with the HD 800 or Audeze didn't exactly give me that amount of happiness. Maybe, I should consider retiring.

Also, I tried most of the headphones with this song from my Fiio X1. And frankly speaking, all headphones sounded almost the same. Yeah, you can blame it on the DR rating of this album but, the point I am trying to make is, none of the headphone available sounded like a big upgrade over the HD 25-1 II for extreme metal.

One good thing though, thanks to @getclikinagas
 I was able to listen to RE-400 which I found to be a good IEM for metal. Maybe, that would be my next purchase :)

I can understand what you are trying to say.

Though in meet conditions its hard to judge gear cause of noisy environment. I also thought akg k550 were nothing special when i auditioned them in a noisy store. But now i think they are permanent fixture in my collection.

Jun 24, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #2,456 of 4,743
Hey @vaibhavp..
Yeah since its a BYOG event people are most welcome to bring their gear... It allows others to listen to new stuff that they may not have seen earlier.
But ofcourse, if you dont have your gear with you, thats no problem at all. Do join us anyway....:)

Raghav

Jun 24, 2015 at 3:18 AM Post #2,457 of 4,743
Hey @vaibhavp
Yeah since its a BYOG event people are most welcome to bring their gear... It allows others to listen to new stuff that they may not have seen earlier.

But ofcourse, if you dont have your gear with you, thats no problem at all. Do join us anyway....:)

Raghav

Cool. I will try to bring as much gear as possible.

So all gear that will be available to listen will be different from Bangalore?

Also since entire audeze lineup was present i am assuming that was from company itself?

Jun 24, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #2,458 of 4,743
Yes, @vaibhavp
The gear will likely be very different although popular Headphones like Sennheiser - HD800s, Beyerdynamic DT770s and Audio-Technica M50x etc do show up regularly because someone or the other brings theirs along. 

The Audezes, V-MODAs, RHA, FiiO, Technics, Panasonic, and a few others will be there for sure.. Because I'll be carrying them with me. :)

Raghav

Jun 24, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #2,459 of 4,743
Yes, @vaibhavp

The gear will likely be very different although popular Headphones like Sennheiser - HD800s, Beyerdynamic DT770s and Audio-Technica M50x etc do show up regularly because someone or the other brings theirs along. 

The Audezes, V-MODAs, RHA, FiiO, Technics, Panasonic, and a few others will be there for sure.. Because I'll be carrying them with me. :)

Raghav

Great. I am looking for an amp for sennheiser hd700. Hopefully i will be able to bring it.

Jun 24, 2015 at 3:46 AM Post #2,460 of 4,743

On Sunday, This was the first ever headphone meet that I have attenced.  Special thanks to @raghavsomani for coming up with the idea, choosing an awesome location, free beer, food and other head-fiers and participants for getting their gear and letting me try it.
Met fellow head-fiers @getclikinagas and others whom I realized were much more passionate about the hobby than me. I was till 2 years ago, and after going the meet, I realized that I am not into it as I once was.

Beyer Stand

Mother of All Setup

Concentrating below:

Audeze Stand

One good thing though, thanks to @getclikinagas I was able to listen to RE-400 which I found to be a good IEM for metal. Maybe, that would be my next purchase :)

Very nice to meet you @wrathzombie, a fellow HiFiMAN fan. I forgot to ask, did you have your RE262 on you at the meet? Please say no, so I don't have to kick myself.
Did you happen to try the Titan 1 I had brought along, for metal?

In a way, I do see what you mean. I did the 25-75 jump with the RE400. Only difference being, it's made me more enthusiastic in my search for that end-game setup
biggrin.gif

PS: Paste these impressions on the meet thread too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back