Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #1,711 of 4,743
  I have landed in a financial dystopia,
where for the first time I have a credit card but no account,
a card but no market graced by audiophilia.
Is this a question faced by one too many here?
else a question at my very own existentce?

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
blink.gif
regular_smile .gif
regular_smile .gif
normal_smile .gif
biggrin.gif
^^^^^^^ThE F*c*K iS tHis gUy SmOkinG? ^^^^^^^^
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
blink.gif
regular_smile .gif
regular_smile .gif
normal_smile .gif
biggrin.gif

This guy is smoking some weed may be.
blink.gif

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #1,712 of 4,743

This guy is smoking some weed may be.
blink.gif

Ofcourse... I am an hour from Amsterdam.

Thought the below will be analogically helpful to us in understanding our mind in this hobby.

2000px-Gartner_Hype_Cycle.svg.png

Jan 28, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #1,715 of 4,743

if dap is your main listening source, then definitely do it all dap like x5 makes sense.

alien can act as an accessory that can compliment your main rig at home.

but tera player comparisons are pretty unjustified. how much alien costs? I can get one when I recieve my next month salary. no months of savings.

you are underestimating tough pill one has to swallow when buying high end gear.

Apologies for the Tera Player comparison, my friend, I was just comparing the only other player that came to mind without a screen which sells for the same price as other TOTL DAPs like the AK players, HM901, and others. But price-wise you're absolutely right, roughly the same cost as the FiiO X3, 'can-buy-with-an-Indian-architect's-salary' price. 

And yes, the DAP is mostly my only listening rig for now, even when I'm at home, because I prefer to walk around the house with it, multitasking while I fiddle with my Sunday cup of coffee, at least till the time I get my own place (or build one, you know, being an architect and all) and can afford to invest in a decent desktop setup. So portable is the way to go for yours truly, and the X5 seems to tick the right boxes. Will look to finalize the headphonezone deal soon.

Cheers

Jan 28, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #1,716 of 4,743
Presented the planar mags in our Entrepreneurship class and was very well received. Although they were skeptics who were happy with Spotify and apple earbuds, I told them that they are not my ideal profile for a customer.

I am definitely gonna pursue this path soon, based out of India.

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #1,717 of 4,743
  Presented the planar mags in our Entrepreneurship class and was very well received. Although they were skeptics who were happy with Spotify and apple earbuds, I told them that they are not my ideal profile for a customer.

I am definitely gonna pursue this path soon, based out of India.

Go go, Ayaflo!

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #1,718 of 4,743
Ergo AMT in very good condition for Euro 690 up here in FS thread. Its gonna go fast ... If any one is interested - @kothganesh :wink:

Jan 29, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #1,719 of 4,743
  Try some KZ IEMs, take my word on the SQ and BQ of these babies. They really do rock.

Currently their official outlet is running a sale which would expire in 4 days. Take a look : http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1380688

I'd strongly recommend KZ ED Special Edition. (My KZ ED8 (Their latest model) will arrive shortly, will post thoughts on that later.)

Looks very interesting, especially at the price! I'm looking for something I can get locally though, don't want to spend the 10 day wait with registered shipping from elsewhere in Asia. 

I can get my hands on the Zero Audio ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore or the ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso quite easily. Any thoughts on these two? Are the 210s just more bassy than the 200s? They seem to retail for the same price. 

Jan 29, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #1,720 of 4,743
  Ergo AMT in very good condition for Euro 690 up here in FS thread. Its gonna go fast ... If any one is interested - @kothganesh :wink:

Aya,

good to have you back on mother earth again. Next time you take an astral trip, let me know
wink.gif
. I saw the HE-1000 ad, that was a very nice ad with the feather. But I have been thinking about the He1K. If it is going to combine the HE6 and the HD 800 (somehow), I will pass on it. I have both and see no need to replicate.

I looked at the AMT and will pass on that so its all yours.

Jan 29, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #1,721 of 4,743
  Looks very interesting, especially at the price! I'm looking for something I can get locally though, don't want to spend the 10 day wait with registered shipping from elsewhere in Asia. 

I can get my hands on the Zero Audio ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore or the ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso quite easily. Any thoughts on these two? Are the 210s just more bassy than the 200s? They seem to retail for the same price. 

What can I say dude.... see my signature area and it speaks. Carbo Tenores are my most favourite IEMs. Their instrument separation, sound signature and layering is so good that you almost feel the position of singer and instruments around you.

I haven't tried Carbo Basso personally yet, but from all the discussions I've had I can provide an idea that they are bassier (as name itself says) and so tend to skew the spectrum towards low end. I am kind of basshead but Tenore's bass satisfies me. They have noticeable and nicely layered sub-bass and given their diminutive size they produce quite a good sound.

Check out Tenore thread or collect more thought from people around before finalizing, But all I can say is Tenore is really something.

Jan 30, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #1,723 of 4,743
Guys, guys help me... 

My pair of Havi B3 is probably imbalanced so I'm sending it back to PenonAudio, to Hong Kong. Since they don't request original box and accessories I packed the earphone in a small box.

Today I went to Indian Post Office to dispatch it. The guy there asked me the details about item inside, so I told him that it's an earphone. He immediately refused to accept it because it's 'Electronic Product'. They said sending out Electronics is not allowed and they won't accept it. I asked for alternatives but they refused everything.

Now I'm facing big question of how to send back the earphone for replacement?? DTDC accepts it but said they'll charge INR1350, which doesn't seem feasible. I haven't yet asked to other courier services.

Any guidelines? Anyone?? Hate you Indian Post : /

Jan 30, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #1,724 of 4,743

Apologies for the Tera Player comparison, my friend, I was just comparing the only other player that came to mind without a screen which sells for the same price as other TOTL DAPs like the AK players, HM901, and others. But price-wise you're absolutely right, roughly the same cost as the FiiO X3, 'can-buy-with-an-Indian-architect's-salary' price. 

And yes, the DAP is mostly my only listening rig for now, even when I'm at home, because I prefer to walk around the house with it, multitasking while I fiddle with my Sunday cup of coffee, at least till the time I get my own place (or build one, you know, being an architect and all) and can afford to invest in a decent desktop setup. So portable is the way to go for yours truly, and the X5 seems to tick the right boxes. Will look to finalize the headphonezone deal soon.

Cheers

cool. when are you getting it?

your location says ncr. I would like to have a listen to X5 if you dont mind. I can bring akg k550 and audinst hud mini if you are interested. I know both these quiet well as I have been using for some time, so will be good basis of comparison.

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #1,725 of 4,743
  Guys, guys help me... 

My pair of Havi B3 is probably imbalanced so I'm sending it back to PenonAudio, to Hong Kong. Since they don't request original box and accessories I packed the earphone in a small box.

Today I went to Indian Post Office to dispatch it. The guy there asked me the details about item inside, so I told him that it's an earphone. He immediately refused to accept it because it's 'Electronic Product'. They said sending out Electronics is not allowed and they won't accept it. I asked for alternatives but they refused everything.

Now I'm facing big question of how to send back the earphone for replacement?? DTDC accepts it but said they'll charge INR1350, which doesn't seem feasible. I haven't yet asked to other courier services.

Any guidelines? Anyone?? Hate you Indian Post : /

I recently returned my Ostry KC06 to MP4Nation (channel imbalance).....via India post, as DTDC was way too expensive.

They did ask me what was to be sent. I showed them the RMA letter from MP4Nation before I showed them the package. All I said was it was my "broken mobile headset to be returned for warranty". I had kept the package open in case they wanted to see it. No further questions (I had to fill in a declaration form though). Rs ~620 for regular post and ~Rs. 820 for speed post(5 days delivery).

My advice: go to another branch. Try saying what said, keep the parcel open. I believe they have a major problem if it has a battery or is powered in some way. If they protest, tell them it doesn't come under electronic goods (worth a shot). If it doesn't work, rinse and repeat at another branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back