Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #693 of 4,743
Haha, conversations going desi.. Although being a Keralite living in Delhi/ Gurgaon its a bit difficult to pick up all the Haryanvi splattered here, there and everywhere!

ha ha , right .

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #695 of 4,743
  no....from what i read, SQ of m20 is going to be inferior than shure srh440, D340, grado,etc and have no idea about how it compares with SR850 though...

it must be cause i have seen it retailing for under 3k , and srh 440 is levels ahead , by the way where you are going to use these ? home or out side , and about sr850 , it has sibilance and has serious attack up top . just dont worry about sq , gather information and ask yourself what you want and how much you are willing to spend . clarity on sr850 is good but its kind of unpolished at highs . You will have to eq it pull the highs down and you are good to go . sound stage is not par with siberia but its okay . and is more balanced then siberia but still v shaped .

Aug 11, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #696 of 4,743
Hi Suman,

Have you heard the sr850c ?? I loved the mids on them..they sounded pretty flat to my ears except for a few peaks high up! And the stage is pretty decent albeit more vertical. Definitely better than all the headphones that have been suggested to ganesh.

Ganesh,
Forget the srh440, The zx 700 compares favouribly to the bigger srh840 in my opinion :wink: though the soundstage is narrow. The isolation is still some of the best you can get in a closed headphone.you don't need any sort of amplification for them coz they are really low impedance cans like 16 or 24 ohms(from memory ). Also they have the newer zx750 in flipkart in your budget! Go for it!! !!

I wouldn't worry about the highs of the sr850c ....you can read on employing the 'sock-mod' to calm the peaks in the treble. The only thing that I have to pick on about the sr850c is the build quality. Not the best grade plastic. Its semi open so you get decent isolation and decent stage.
They measure really good.both are good value for money....

Cheers!

Aug 11, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #697 of 4,743
You can get the brainwavz hm5 from pristine note in Mumbai...they changed their name to something else now... Look it up!

Regards,

Aug 11, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #698 of 4,743
Hi Suman,

Have you heard the sr850c ?? I loved the mids on them..they sounded pretty flat to my ears except for a few peaks high up! And the stage is pretty decent albeit more vertical. Definitely better than all the headphones that have been suggested to ganesh.

Ganesh,
Forget the srh440, The zx 700 compares favouribly to the bigger srh840 in my opinion
wink.gif
though the soundstage is narrow. The isolation is still some of the best you can get in a closed headphone.you don't need any sort of amplification for them coz they are really low impedance cans like 16 or 24 ohms(from memory )

I wouldn't worry about the highs of the sr850c ....you can read on employing the 'sock-mod' to calm the peaks in the treble. The only thing that I have to pick on about the sr850c is the build quality. Not the best grade plastic. Its semi open so you get decent isolation and decent stage.
They measure really good.both are good value for money....

Cheers!

sitting at my desk now is the sr850 , its reasonably flat , to me , out of my pc , highs do have more prominence then mids and mids feels like falling back a bit with no eq applied , and yeah these are sibilant and do pierce , bass and mids are rightly balanced and calling it V-shaped is not correct but it feels like one when you get the highs occupying the center stage and then there is no bass to make it a V . not as smooth as srh440 for sure and if you look at the raw thd graph sr850 have bad finishing on them with too many peaks and a bit too high when compared to srh440 , these are good no doubt but yes it lets sound in and isolation is okay , i can hear my fan with these on , not with m50 or srh440 and leave the hd380 pro alone .
  it may be me but i do find my former siberia V1 doing better then sr850 when it comes to sound stage .
  zx700 is 24 but which is 16 ohm , as far as i know srh440 and 840 are 44ohm , sr850 is 32 .
  and its proaudiohome now .

Aug 11, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #699 of 4,743
 ayaflo , i just had a look at your now list and it makes me believe that these peaks are not affecting you , you do have some sibilance there in the form of sa5000 dt990 pro and r50 . You are immune to this i think or you enjoy this extra energy .
wink_face.gif

Aug 12, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #700 of 4,743
 ayaflo , i just had a look at your now list and it makes me believe that these peaks are not affecting you , you do have some sibilance there in the form of sa5000 dt990 pro and r50 . You are immune to this i think or you enjoy this extra energy .:wink_face:

Hehehehehe.....yeah!! But the r50s have no sibilance like the stock did...they have been customized by in ear central! :wink:...
I love the sa5k...that's a super rare headphone and nothing like its speed!! Like uncle Erik once said it puts the hd800 to shame :)

The peaks on the dt990 pro are the worst for me... I generally drive them thru my onkyo a/v receiver that makes the treble sound bearable.

HRTF for headphones contributes to sibilance naturally...

Aug 12, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #701 of 4,743
Here are the two which makes me Jamming 

The Aluminum and Timber Wood combination for deep bass and no resonance/vibrations.

The Sony's monitor headphones which lets me hear even minute details.

Both burned in for more than 100 hours.

c2x0xx.jpg

gkLvG9.jpg

Sent from Android a Gooogle Product :)

Aug 12, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #703 of 4,743
Hehehehehe.....yeah!! But the r50s have no sibilance like the stock did...they have been customized by in ear central!
wink.gif
I love the sa5k...that's a super rare headphone and nothing like its speed!! Like uncle Erik once said it puts the hd800 to shame
smily_headphones1.gif

The peaks on the dt990 pro are the worst for me... I generally drive them thru my onkyo a/v receiver that makes the treble sound bearable.

HRTF for headphones contributes to sibilance naturally...

have added something to r50 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back