Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 19, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #467 of 4,743
^. Nice. Jagan, that HE-500 looks familiar 
wink_face.gif

May 31, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #469 of 4,743
Hi,

I have made a midrange-tweeter ESL panel. I should have posted this back on the 17th of May when it played for all of 2 mins before snapping and leaking charge. Best part was the bass that I didn't expect at all(rather was certain of a steep roll off from 1KHz). There was no texture to the bass though.

Here are some pictures.

Cheers,
Azaan

Jun 6, 2014 at 4:26 AM Post #471 of 4,743
  I recently posted a review on AKG k550.

anyone interested in akg house sound or reasonably priced good headphone may check it out:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/akg-k-550/reviews/11128

The review contradicts itself. I don't remember AKG 'house sound'  having deep bass. If its technically strong then it will make low bitrate sound like crap.

I think you should read a bit more into Clieos guide of categorizing sound before writing up reviews.

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #472 of 4,743

The review contradicts itself. I don't remember AKG 'house sound'  having deep bass. If its technically strong then it will make low bitrate sound like crap.

I think you should read a bit more into Clieos guide of categorizing sound before writing up reviews.

thanks for feedback.

maybe you should listen to k550 yourself.

besides do you realise there is difference between deep bass and bloated bass?

all recent akg efforts (k550, k712 and maybe even k812 have awesome deep bass. that does not make it thick and bloated.)

when you hear drum beat, you hear drum membrane vibrating till its frequency gets lower and lower progressively. At very low frequencies they produce deep bass.

it has nothing to do with being strong, slam wise or thickness wise.

Jun 7, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #475 of 4,743
thanks for feedback.

maybe you should listen to k550 yourself.

besides do you realise there is difference between deep bass and bloated bass?

all recent akg efforts (k550, k712 and maybe even k812 have awesome deep bass. that does not make it thick and bloated.)

when you hear drum beat, you hear drum membrane vibrating till its frequency gets lower and lower progressively. At very low frequencies they produce deep bass.

it has nothing to do with being strong, slam wise or thickness wise.

Send it over then :)

I dont know why you are talking about bloated bass at all....

Akg house sound to me were the akg 240mk2 and akg k 501s and I don't remember them having thick bass what so ever...

When you talk about drums be specific which part you are implying because bass drum sound is hard to reproduce (so are cymbals)..if it were to be reproduced the headphone will have to tuned in that manner, i.e make bass and lower to be more than neutral or in other words be at higher decibels than how our ear drums react to those frequencies....if you make it that way the diaphragm will have to displace a lot of air, which will cause a jump in distortion levels when it is playing treble frequencies simultaneously....if you instead concentrate on higher frequencies you will get an accuracy oriented tone however lose the depth and thickness of note especially at bass frequencies...so it really depends on tuning the headphone to what you think is right..

When you say its a neutral headphone, it is only demanding what your description of neutral is...either way I just don't get it how a detail pulling headphone can make lower bitrate files sound good as you pledge by...instead it should show you how bad the quality of file is... Else there is no reason to pursue good sound.... It should reflect your rig and if at all there is any weak links like source, amp , headphone or music file...whichever is the weaklink you oughta improve upon that...

Jun 8, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #476 of 4,743
Send it over then
smily_headphones1.gif

I dont know why you are talking about bloated bass at all....

Akg house sound to me were the akg 240mk2 and akg k 501s and I don't remember them having thick bass what so ever...

When you talk about drums be specific which part you are implying because bass drum sound is hard to reproduce (so are cymbals)..if it were to be reproduced the headphone will have to tuned in that manner, i.e make bass and lower to be more than neutral or in other words be at higher decibels than how our ear drums react to those frequencies....if you make it that way the diaphragm will have to displace a lot of air, which will cause a jump in distortion levels when it is playing treble frequencies simultaneously....if you instead concentrate on higher frequencies you will get an accuracy oriented tone however lose the depth and thickness of note especially at bass frequencies...so it really depends on tuning the headphone to what you think is right..

When you say its a neutral headphone, it is only demanding what your description of neutral is...either way I just don't get it how a detail pulling headphone can make lower bitrate files sound good as you pledge by...instead it should show you how bad the quality of file is... Else there is no reason to pursue good sound.... It should reflect your rig and if at all there is any weak links like source, amp , headphone or music file...whichever is the weaklink you oughta improve upon that...

they don't have bloated bass.

very clean sounding, detailed enough such that no two drum beats sound same. accurate just the way it was played by artist. its tight and deep.

also they are very clean sounding so they mask grain in amp or recording very well. same goes for mp3 artifacts.

hope its clear now.

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #477 of 4,743
I am in Bangalore. Check my sig, for gear info.

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #478 of 4,743
  Hi,

I have made a midrange-tweeter ESL panel. I should have posted this back on the 17th of May when it played for all of 2 mins before snapping and leaking charge. Best part was the bass that I didn't expect at all(rather was certain of a steep roll off from 1KHz). There was no texture to the bass though.

Here are some pictures.

Cheers,
Azaan

Nice!!!

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #479 of 4,743
By the way, me and Ayaflo once had a Head-fi meet at my house in Bangalore. We were the only two participants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back