Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 24, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #781 of 4,743
and guys at snapdeal you can grab an ah-d340 for a rupee under 3400 Rs .

Aug 24, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #782 of 4,743
Friends,

I am starting out here as well.... right now looking for a usb dac and headphone amp in 1 with very good sound quality and reasonably priced. Please PM me if anyone has anything on offer. Its for use with my desktop and my soundmagic hp100. preferably not neutral. Its for listening only.

Thanks! Great thread!

Aug 25, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #784 of 4,743
guys , cheapest BA available in india , i have two or i would have jumped on these . if you are looking for a ruler flat response , this can do good for starter .

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/philips-she985098-wired-earphone/1388688503#bcrumbLabelId:288

Aug 26, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #785 of 4,743
I need some help in buying my next headphones. I have a budget of 15k.
I am a sucker for airy music and treble extension. I am considering buying the dt 990.
Anyone in Mumbai owns one ?
Also I am open to suggestions

SRH940 by shure is the airiest closed back headphone I have heard and a really good one at that. Its resolution is just leagues ahead from most closed backs I have heard.
The DT990 is airy but lots of annoying peaks that gets in the way. The bass is too much and dislodges my brain sometime :wink:
A dt880 is better option but I am not sure if its available in your budget.
AKG K612 pro is pretty amazing for its price. But most closed backs need amping because the waves from the rear of the driver simply escapes at the listening position of the headphone.

Aug 26, 2014 at 7:30 AM Post #786 of 4,743
Xoriac, the dt990 pro with the maverick is the worst pairing I have experienced. The sibilance is just too annoying. You can ask head fi'er wrathzombie too...it was not actually very listenable this combo.

Regards,
~A

Aug 26, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #787 of 4,743
Xoriac, you will be better off with cmoy BB

Aug 26, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #788 of 4,743
A general observation: Most members here seem to prefer (IMO) IEMs/CIEMs to conventional HPs. Just curious to know why and are there advantages to the former that I am unaware of (apart from portability)? I could never get used to IEMs myself.

Aug 26, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #789 of 4,743
  A general observation: Most members here seem to prefer (IMO) IEMs/CIEMs to conventional HPs. Just curious to know why and are there advantages to the former that I am unaware of (apart from portability)? I could never get used to IEMs myself.

Could it because IEMs generally offer a presentation that is more in your face direct and more bright as opposed to headphones and people would prefer that, guess its also about portability and pricing. Personally I still prefer HPs.

Aug 26, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #790 of 4,743
  Could it because IEMs generally offer a presentation that is more in your face direct and more bright as opposed to headphones and people would prefer that, guess its also about portability and pricing. Personally I still prefer HPs.

Portability always; I've seen IEMs priced at 5 figures USD. Heck, my Stax SR 009 seems a bargain compared to those puppies.

Aug 26, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #791 of 4,743

its easy to store and are not heavy ? dont take much space so you can easily travel with them . and some like er-4p has some of the best isolation , you dont need to worry about worn out ear pads , heating from ear pads and sweat too . and here in india its hot !! like 45 degree sometimes so its good to use something small and tidy .

Aug 26, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #792 of 4,743
you guys must be living in fully air conditioned houses ( if you are in india ), sadly i dont nor most .

Aug 26, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #794 of 4,743
  Are there IEMs that costly...ran a search never found any..but wouldn't durability be an issue being an earphone...after paying so much. Guess its got a lifetime warranty :)

My apologies...I don't know what the heck I was thinking when I posted it.... It was never 5 figures but I saw one that cost $6500 and that had diamonds on it
rolleyes.gif

Aug 26, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #795 of 4,743

its easy to store and are not heavy ? dont take much space so you can easily travel with them . and some like er-4p has some of the best isolation , you dont need to worry about worn out ear pads , heating from ear pads and sweat too . and here in india its hot !! like 45 degree sometimes so its good to use something small and tidy .

Fair points all... I was very close to getting an ear infection in spite of making sure the IEMs were not worn by any other person. My friend I'm in Chennai so I know those temperatures
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back