Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #2,597 of 4,743
  how does Indian custom clearance works?

its been 10 days my amp is stuck with them.

do they normally take that much time???

What amp. I can help you with this on what to do. Price and model, be precise.

Sep 4, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #2,600 of 4,743

http://www.garage1217.com/garage1217_diy_tube_headphone_amplifiers_005.htm

this one. its $250. plus 40 shipping and 20 extra tube.

but seller must've mentioned low price.

i want it delivered to Gurgaon, Haryana.

If its with india post, dont worry about it. It doesent have a battery inside it.They are just having a good good look at it. It can take some time. Keep calm, and have patience.

Sep 4, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #2,602 of 4,743

Haha. you are worst Suman. thanks for the advice. 

its with usps. 

What to do, if it had a battery, you had to contact them about the package. And these guys take time for general things too, this has tubes and things. So just chill unless you can go to that office its in.

Sep 5, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #2,603 of 4,743
Treated myself to something small today :)

Auditioned the X5ii and the AK100ii but landed up with the Lotoo PAW 5000. Sounded better than Fiio's X5ii and on par and just as clean and neutral as the AK100ii to my ears. I was quite interested in the Cayin N5, but very early impressions suggest its very similar to the X5ii. Got a great deal from Jaben, which was lower than most of the prices I've seen online.....very odd for Singapore.  

I haven't been trying out too many DAPs of late, but I was pleasantly surprised to see how much the UI on all Chinese DAPs has improved, they are no longer a turn off. Will have the Heir Audio 8a back from a refit next week and hopefully the Lear NSS IEM early next month to play around with. 

OQs3vAE.jpg

Sep 5, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #2,604 of 4,743
  Treated myself to something small today :)

Auditioned the X5ii and the AK100ii but landed up with the Lotoo PAW 5000. Sounded better than Fiio's X5ii and on par and just as clean and neutral as the AK100ii to my ears. I was quite interested in the Cayin N5, but very early impressions suggest its very similar to the X5ii. Got a great deal from Jaben, which was lower than most of the prices I've seen online.....very odd for Singapore.  

I haven't been trying out too many DAPs of late, but I was pleasantly surprised to see how much the UI on all Chinese DAPs has improved, they are no longer a turn off. Will have the Heir Audio 8a back from a refit next week and hopefully the Lear NSS IEM early next month to play around with. 

Congratulations. Would like to hear more about the UI after you've gotten used to it.

What did you pair them with (for your auditions)?

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #2,605 of 4,743
Hello folks, wanted to know if there are any stores where one can demo the AK players in the San Francisco bay area. Am currently here on holiday. Looking to buy a good pair of cans after trying out a few. Was in New York this weekend, tried out the Shure 1840 as suggested by Vaibhav. Was very good indeed, but beyond my budget. I'm looking to try and/ or get the Fidelio X2 while I'm here.

Will appreciate any help regarding places to demo headphones and players.

Thanks & cheers

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #2,606 of 4,743
Hello folks, wanted to know if there are any stores where one can demo the AK players in the San Francisco bay area. Am currently here on holiday. Looking to buy a good pair of cans after trying out a few. Was in New York this weekend, tried out the Shure 1840 as suggested by Vaibhav. Was very good indeed, but beyond my budget. I'm looking to try and/ or get the Fidelio X2 while I'm here.

Thanks & cheers

Hi Shreyas,

Enjoy your extended trip man. Try auditioning as many cans as possible especially from different brands.

For shure, how you liked it? When i tried 1440, it was very smooth with a bit of brightness. I think shures are quiet underrated on headfi.

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #2,607 of 4,743

Thanks & cheers

No idea, but get me a pair of cans :Fear:

Sep 9, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #2,608 of 4,743
Hi Shreyas,

Enjoy your extended trip man. Try auditioning as many cans as possible especially from different brands.

For shure, how you liked it? When i tried 1440, it was very smooth with a bit of brightness. I think shures are quiet underrated on headfi.

Hi Vaibhav,

In my brief listen to the 1840, it sounded quite detailed, clear and not brightish at all in my opinion. This was a pleasant surprise, but unfortunately the store didn't have any discount on MRP. So 500$ us stretching things a bit for me, so thought to listen to a few more before purchasing. Have targeted a few stores in san Francisco to visit and try out a few if possible. Will keep you posted.

Cheers

Sep 9, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #2,610 of 4,743
Hi Vaibhav,

In my brief listen to the 1840, it sounded quite detailed, clear and not brightish at all in my opinion. This was a pleasant surprise, but unfortunately the store didn't have any discount on MRP. So 500$ us stretching things a bit for me, so thought to listen to a few more before purchasing. Have targeted a few stores in san Francisco to visit and try out a few if possible. Will keep you posted.

Cheers

If you are using fiio as dac, i dont think you need to worry about brightness. The reason why i am happy with x5, apart from sq is i can listen to hd700 for more than 5 minutes.

If you really liked shure, i suggest you try out its younger brother 1440 and compare it with philips to see which one is better. With x3 in chain i dont think 1440 will be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back