Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end headphones/IEMS
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2015 at 6:39 AM Post #2,281 of 4,743
By attributes i mean similar sq, similar, here with the im-70, bass is a bit tighter.

Man u were right.vc1000 is pretty solid,without having ever listened to er4s i don't think it will be worth spending 18000-20000 on them.

The mids on these are amaaaaaazziiiinggg.

SIBILANCE is much less tjan gr07 right from the word go.

May 4, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #2,282 of 4,743
Man u were right.vc1000 is pretty solid,without having ever listened to er4s i don't think it will be worth spending 18000-20000 on them.

ER-4S is different with even better mids, Even tighter bass and are more precise with more extension. Yup, not worth that Price hump, but ER-4 micro series is a legend to die for.

VC1000 compliments it with bigger bass and and lush mids. But ER-4  is ER-4.

May 4, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #2,284 of 4,743
Damn u are mak
 ER-4S is different with even better mids, Even tighter bass and are more precise with more extension. Yup, not worth that Price hump, but ER-4 micro series is a legend to die for.

Damn man,u will end up making me poorer.lol.

Anyways i am gonna claim 100 bucks on monster warranty so will begin arranging another 12000

May 4, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #2,285 of 4,743
Ha, that's good news. Do let me know how it compares with your K550, out of the same source (Audinst dac amp).

hd700 is pretty much a step up. it goes much deeper into recordings and bring out lot more details, although mostly are flaws in recording. a lot more transparent in that sense. also offers more clarity, while sounding natural like hd518. akg has a bit accentuated treble in comparison.

that said, its quiet a bit higher in terms of resolution. really cant listen to more than 1-2 hours at a time. i guess i will have to get used to it.

for that, k550 is a lot easier to enjoy. I can listen to it 8 hrs a day. also akg has that treble coloration while hd700 is more neutral, that gives guitars, vocals and string instruments that edge, that I like a lot. in contrast hd 700 is lot more natural and convincing presentation.

k550 is a little closer to akg k701 level I think. and that pretty much is sweet spot in terms of price to performance ratio as well as most enjoyable sound. i got 700 for under 30 k from flipkart. for that price its very good deal. its twice performance for twice price over k550 easily.

May 4, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #2,286 of 4,743

hd700 is pretty much a step up. it goes much deeper into recordings and bring out lot more details, although mostly are flaws in recording. a lot more transparent in that sense. also offers more clarity, while sounding natural like hd518. akg has a bit accentuated treble in comparison.

that said, its quiet a bit higher in terms of resolution. really cant listen to more than 1-2 hours at a time. i guess i will have to get used to it.

for that, k550 is a lot easier to enjoy. I can listen to it 8 hrs a day. also akg has that treble coloration while hd700 is more neutral, that gives guitars, vocals and string instruments that edge, that I like a lot. in contrast hd 700 is lot more natural and convincing presentation.

k550 is a little closer to akg k701 level I think. and that pretty much is sweet spot in terms of price to performance ratio as well as most enjoyable sound. i got 700 for under 30 k from flipkart. for that price its very good deal. its twice performance for twice price over k550 easily.

Thanks for the comparisons, good deal you got there. I totally missed those flipkart deals; were there other super deals as well?

As for your HD700 being difficult to adjust to, I would suggest updating your music collection to lossless whichever isn't done yet; the black backgrounds and the added clarity is just a joy to listen to, even with my lowly Senns I can hear the differences. Yesterday bought Neil Young's Greatest Hits audio CD, downloaded Amber Rubarth's Sessions from the 17th Ward album, and was imagining just how wonderful it would have been listening to these tunes live!

May 4, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #2,288 of 4,743

Thanks for the comparisons, good deal you got there. I totally missed those flipkart deals; were there other super deals as well?

As for your HD700 being difficult to adjust to, I would suggest updating your music collection to lossless whichever isn't done yet; the black backgrounds and the added clarity is just a joy to listen to, even with my lowly Senns I can hear the differences. Yesterday bought Neil Young's Greatest Hits audio CD, downloaded Amber Rubarth's Sessions from the 17th Ward album, and was imagining just how wonderful it would have been listening to these tunes live!

all my music is cd ripped wave files. or some 24/96 hdtracks download.

its very high resolution coupled with solid state amp, that has iron fisted control on drivers, thats the problem.

May 4, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #2,289 of 4,743

all my music is cd ripped wave files. or some 24/96 hdtracks download.

its very high resolution coupled with solid state amp, that has iron fisted control on drivers, thats the problem.

Well then, I guess you rightly said that you've got to get used to the sound.
Enjoy & cheers

May 4, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #2,290 of 4,743
@sandman1990

Changed my B3 order from Pro 2 to Pro 1. Yay.

Good for you
beerchug.gif

May 4, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #2,291 of 4,743

Agreed! For the price, I think they are very good.

May 4, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #2,292 of 4,743

TWFK and lush mids? 
confused_face.gif
 I have heard several TWFKs and what I can vouch for is thin mids in comparison to other sets. 

Suman, can you compare them to other earphones like Sony MDR EX-7550 or SE-530,SE-535 that actually has lush vocals.

May 4, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #2,293 of 4,743

Well well, guess we have a situation here. Yours truly sincerely thought the B3 Pro II was the 2nd gen B3, as opposed to an alternative sound signature.
Also I didn't find any significant reviews of the Pro 2; so thought I'll give it a shot. Do any of you guys have listening time on them, and do you think the Pro 2 isn't as good as the Pro 1? If so, do please share so that I may find a way to change the order if possible, which is unlikely though.

Thanks in advance.

The B3 Pro 1 has a very noticable second order distortion curve that gives it the signature sound. Much like Tubes.

Enjoy!!

May 5, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #2,294 of 4,743

TWFK and lush mids? 
confused_face.gif
 I have heard several TWFKs and what I can vouch for is thin mids in comparison to other sets. 

Suman, can you compare them to other earphones like Sony MDR EX-7550 or SE-530,SE-535 that actually has lush vocals.

ER-4 shoots for accuracy but VC-1000 is little more fun, ETY sounds thinner in the mids and more forward mids makes these sound more clearer at the same time, VC are slightly laid back but are more lush (more like lush fit, pleasing at times, not better) as it doesnt shoot more on your face details and are pleasing at times specially if you are not a fan of Accuracy and are not a analytical listener.

I dont have much experience with EX-7550, but my encounter with SE-535 was not as good as it was with VC1000, when compared to 535, VC1000 has better extension with highs and obviously more detailed.

May 5, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #2,295 of 4,743
 And let me add that by lush i ment VC1000 has more fuller mids, like thicker notes, where ER-4 are lean sharp and more accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back