Rode NTH-100 - Mini Review
Jan 15, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #91 of 92
Wonder if you could punch holes in those pads?
Wonder if you could replace the pads with something else like the foam in Beyerdynamic phones.But then again this all guessing and personal experience,without lab tests and measurements you can be sure .Of course there is the how you like them sound.I have found people to like them exactly as is beacuse to them it reduces high sibilance and exaggerated treble.I personaly own 4 pairs but we use them only in video editing systems for talk show editing and are fine for that.Truth is i never spend time to listen with them music.

Dec 10, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #92 of 92
I picked up a new pair of these 'for parts', sold as seen, broken hinges. I had the parts to redo the hinges, all good, they sound superb.
See first photo, an M5 screw. 2 washers and a holed spacer block.
(Thanks Andii on previous page, for the inspiration).
But ....one of the earcup swivel parts is also slightly defective, looser than the other side.
See photos, one side good, one side loose. This means the bottom of the right pad doesn't quite close the same way as the left. Not ideal.
Does anyone know if that small circular piece can pop right off, if it screws into the earcup or is a hard push and click back into the earcup. (So far I'm not thinking that last one is the right solution).
If I know it pops off I'll give it a go, maybe even superglue the part back to the cup.
£19 for the 'headphones sold as parts (they had the broken hinges, too fiddly to try and reuse some/all of those parts and kind of pointless)', £12 for a Rode cable, so I'm winning here. With only a few hours use it is clear these are excellent, well balanced phones, if I can fix the swivel then I am definitely committed.
I also have ATH-SR9 and ATH-MSR7 headphones, these are up there in terms of detail and tonal balance and I know they will improve further.
Thanks for your help.
DSC_0258.JPG
DSC_0259.JPG
DSC_0260.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back