Rock's Greatest Double Album
Aug 22, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #76 of 84
Physical Graffiti. No argument.

Aug 24, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #80 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by tru blu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Talk about surprises…I really expected there to be more Exile On Main Street fans.

Me too, but I figured out that Exile is "disliked" on this site for the same reason that Darkside of the Moon is "like"........the sonic character of Exile is terrible. It's one of the worst sounding, most lo-fi records of major rock classics....It's part of what gives it character, but it's so crude sounding and I believe that that stops many people on this site from giving it a second listen, or considering it amongst their favorites.

Sep 10, 2009 at 9:36 AM Post #83 of 84
I wasn't sure I was going to vote at all, but after reading through the thread I opted for Physical Graffiti.

The big concept albums - Quadrophenia, The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway, The Wall - all seem to me to be variations on Tommy, which isn't in the poll and certainly should be. All three albums are great, and any would have made a good choice for a vote, but in the absence of Tommy I felt I should go instead for a great, iconic collection of songs. Since Goodbye Yellow Brick Road isn't there, that leaves The White Album and Physical Graffiti: both of them albums that made big collections of new material feel incredibly cool.

For me, Physical Graffiti just edges it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back