Rockna Wavelight
Sep 12, 2023 at 12:43 AM Post #1,247 of 1,586
Seriously considering getting the wavelight soon.

Just wondering, how good is the USB input and is it viable to just use it?

What source or input do you feed into the wavelight to get the best results (besides getting the wavelight streamer obviously)?

Sep 12, 2023 at 12:54 AM Post #1,249 of 1,586
Wavelight better than Bartok then? 😂

Bartok too smooth, even for me. Demo'd a few times with the Rockna and I enjoyed the incisiveness of its sound.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2023 at 1:15 AM Post #1,250 of 1,586

What source or input do you feed into the wavelight to get the best results (besides getting the wavelight streamer obviously)?

usb is good but I prefer aes/ebu into the wavelight. slightly rounded up top, sounds more natural, with better low end. I'm using sotm streamer into singxer su6. considering the wavelight streamer to reduce box counts.

Sep 12, 2023 at 1:23 AM Post #1,251 of 1,586

I have only used the USB input and I would assume it’s pretty good. I’ve tried some decrapifiers and they make it sound worse.

Sep 12, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #1,252 of 1,586

I tried USB versus use DDC (Singxer SU-6), connected via I2S, the upgrade is easily noticeable. Tone become more organic, soundstage become bigger, and micro detail/texture also more apparent.

Sep 12, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #1,253 of 1,586
now I’ve got the itch to try this Singxer unit…anyone got a good line to justify the extra box to the Mrs? 😂

Sep 12, 2023 at 7:10 PM Post #1,255 of 1,586

I was driving the Wavelight USB input by the HiBy R8 usb out for quite some time with satisfying result.
Once I had the opportunity to use the i2s from a Cayin N7 - it was strikingly different. Somehow cleaner. Not that is not clean enough from the USB - difficult to describe. Since then thinking about the Singxer SU-6.

Sep 12, 2023 at 11:40 PM Post #1,256 of 1,586
anyone have experience with the Singxer SU-2 vs the SU-6?

Sep 14, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #1,258 of 1,586
yeah I’m going to chill until I finish upgrading my network connectivity.

Sep 18, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #1,260 of 1,586
The Wavelight server will be available in 1 tb up to 8 tb. Does anyone know if it will be possible to increase the capacity or if it will be fixed with the purchase?
Actually the lowest config is now 2TB.
The Wavelight has two Slots, you can simply add a second one and/or replace the first

Users who are viewing this thread

Back