Rockna Wavelight
Aug 4, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #1,231 of 1,631
So, help this newbie get it straight. You are simply soldering a wire on each side of the fuse itself. Not doing away with the fuses function as it will still blow. Then remove the fuse holder and solder both wire ends to the board where the fuse holder used to connect. Is that what we're talking about?
Yeah that's it. This mod does not interfere with the fuses function.

This mod lowers the noise floor quite a lot. Blacker background, higher resolution, better instrument timbre, more front to back layering. Crisper and more shimmering highs, cymbals sound tangible and hang in the air.
Bass is tighter and has higher resolution without distortion.
Human voices also see a higher resolution and stock sounds artificial and grainy in comparison.

The stock fuse holder adds distortion to the sound, the fuse is not secure or held tightly in the fuse assembly, and that's without talking about the tin plated brass assembly.

People can say whatever they want or believe whatever they want, I'm not here to start a cult of converts, I'm just reporting what I found to be the case in my experiments.

I tried copper, silver, alloy wires of all different gauges in this application.....THEY ALL SOUND DIFFERENT, you can tune the sound of this DAC by just replacing these 2 little pieces of wires. 18 Gauge Solid Mundorf SilverGold to my ears, in my setup, sounds the most pleasing.

I would use a good fuse and carefully solder the wire on both ends, I've done that to all my fuses in my audio chain after listening to what it did to this DAC.

This was suggested by @sajunky I just tried it and agree with everything that he's said about soldering fuses. Rockna should do this at the factory.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #1,232 of 1,631
Aug 5, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #1,233 of 1,631
Good choice. Just my opinion, let's not fall out.
I accidently replied to you. The last post was directed towards Ruby, which I've corrected.
I don't usually reply to trolls, it's a waste of time in my experience.

what you have is not an opinion, an opinion implies that you've personally listened to the equipment that I'm talking about, what you actually have is an ideology.
Almost like a religion, that you feel the need to defend in conversations that are not being directed towards you.
Anyways, do whatever you think is best.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #1,234 of 1,631
I accidently replied to you. The last post was directed towards Ruby, which I've corrected.
I don't usually reply to trolls, it's a waste of time in my experience.

what you have is not an opinion, an opinion implies that you've personally listened to the equipment that I'm talking about, what you actually have is an ideology.
Almost like a religion, that you feel the need to defend in conversations that are not being directed towards you.
Anyways, do whatever you think is best.
Correct me if I am mistaken, but weren't you the guy praying at the alter of audiophile fuses? I wasn't trolling, I was staging an intervention.

Aug 5, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #1,235 of 1,631
Correct me if I am mistaken, but weren't you the guy praying at the alter of audiophile fuses? I wasn't trolling, I was staging an intervention.
This is my last reply to you.
The fuse pictured in my mod is a DIY silver Filament fuse, the cylinder is filled with heat sink paste. Arctic paste, non conductive.
That fuse cost me a dollar to make, and I can make 100's for the cost of a single audiophile fuse.
The science of filament dampening works, but you don't have to pay $200-$1000 to get one.

Anyways, keep changing gear every 10 months to "save your money".
You don't see me staging interventions for 90% of audio gear addicts on this site, but then again...I'm not a religious zealot :deadhorse:

Aug 22, 2023 at 6:45 AM Post #1,236 of 1,631
So the new expected timeline is ~2 weeks from now.
The dealer should receive first stock next week

Aug 22, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #1,237 of 1,631
So the new expected timeline is ~2 weeks from now.
The dealer should receive first stock next week
Are you referring to Wavelight Server?

Aug 22, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #1,238 of 1,631
Aug 22, 2023 at 11:34 AM Post #1,239 of 1,631
Aug 22, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #1,240 of 1,631
Yes, but you have an HDMI cable. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
My MP2000R has no HDMI in, therefore I'll have to use USB or AES/EBU

I even asked if there were any plans to upgrade the MP2000R with i2S in, but currently there are no plans.
The Media Player will receive a new Streaming board later this year

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #1,241 of 1,631
I believe it when I see it - the server is now 3 years late?

Aug 23, 2023 at 5:11 AM Post #1,242 of 1,631
Aug 23, 2023 at 7:05 AM Post #1,244 of 1,631
Hi!

Interesting... Is the price for new Wavelight Server discosed?
5890€ just like the Wavelight DAC.

I have a connection in the german speaking area if you want to inquire about a deal though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back