Rockna Wavelight
Jun 12, 2023 at 3:05 AM Post #1,172 of 1,645
if I remember correctly this only works via an android app
You are absolutely right. Today from android mobile I installed 1.48.

Jun 21, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #1,173 of 1,645
The left/right sound keep's bunching up right at my ears. I can hear things further away and vocal's are mid center stage. Not all track's do this. I'm using the volume control of my dna stratus tube amp. Hd800 hp's. Is there anything I can do to improve the situation?

edit: The wavelights volume was set at 100. Lowering it made a real difference. Thanks to Calfredo826.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #1,176 of 1,645
What level do You have your volume set to (WL) ?
When the WL is used as a DAC & Preamp -> Power Amp: I feel like it comes alive around 40ish depending on content.

When using WL as DAC -> Standalone Preamp: usually 85.

Jun 23, 2023 at 6:56 PM Post #1,177 of 1,645
With the preamplifier (WL only as a DAC) ... similarly.

Attachments

• IMG_0502.JPG
    IMG_0502.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 26, 2023 at 3:15 AM Post #1,180 of 1,645
Any word on the Hydrid ladder mode update? Rockna isn't replying to any of my messages.
This will take some time.
Nicolae told me that work on that will proceed after the Server release, and that one didn't happen yet

Jun 27, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #1,182 of 1,645
Can anyone tell me what Update Error 9 means when trying to upgrade from Android app please? No word in manual about it :frowning2:
Just send a mail to Rockna. They are very responsive.

Jun 28, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #1,183 of 1,645
This will take some time.
Nicolae told me that work on that will proceed after the Server release, and that one didn't happen yet
Did Rockna ever say what the Hybrid Ladder Mode will actually do? The Hybrid Volume was quite a big upgrade for me, changed how the DAC sounded, clarity, stage, Depth etc. Can we expect something similar?

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #1,184 of 1,645
Currently in a fun night listening time now, comparing Rockna Wavelight and Chord TT2 side by side in my system (finally!). I already heard Wavelight for many times, but never with direct comparison with TT2.

Initial Impression is both DACs definitely in the same level, have pros/cons in different area, and ultimately I think to decide which one better, heavily depend on the rest of the chain (headphone and amp). Rockna definitely produce more weightier notes, musical and engaging feel, while TT2 is revealing more micro detail/texture and "sharper" pin point imaging.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #1,185 of 1,645
Currently in a fun night listening time now, comparing Rockna Wavelight and Chord TT2 side by side in my system (finally!). I already heard Wavelight for many times, but never with direct comparison with TT2.

Initial Impression is both DACs definitely in the same level, have pros/cons in different area, and ultimately I think to decide which one better, heavily depend on the rest of the chain (headphone and amp). Rockna definitely produce more weightier notes, musical and engaging feel, while TT2 is revealing more micro detail/texture and "sharper" pin point imaging.
How do you feed the Wavelight?
What you hear depends heavily not only the analog side of the chain, but also on the digital. I was shocked by the increase of clarity once I connected a Cayin N7 through i2s to WL instead of using USB or coax.
(The rest of the chain was Feliks Envy and Elite)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back