Rockna Wavelight
Nov 30, 2022 at 11:44 PM Post #991 of 1,586
If anyone is interested....
Mundorf Mlytic AG+ caps are higher end replacements for the power section...
and AudioNote Kaisei for the DAC and Pre amp section.

I'm going to be holding onto this DAC for a long while, so for me the investment makes sense.

Pictures will be up when it's done :)

Now Rockna needs to release that Hybrid Ladder mode.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2022 at 4:56 AM Post #993 of 1,586
is possible use dcc denafrips Hermes with wavelight??
Sure. I am using Singxer SU6 in between Rose RS250 as streamer and Wavelight through IIS with very good result.

Dec 9, 2022 at 6:10 AM Post #995 of 1,586
Singxer Is the same as denafrips Hermes?
Yes both are so called DDC. I have also used Denafrips Iris with Wavelight without any issue.

Jan 2, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #999 of 1,586
If anyone has a wavedream or wavelight they are willing to part with send me a pm. I’ve never tried a Rockna dap and I think it could work well in my chain with my CFA3 amp
Not sure if still available but in the classifieds is

https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/rockna-wavelight.34452/

I also use Audio-Markt quite often (2nd hand Hifi Plattform in germany)
https://www.audio-markt.de/market/rockna-wavedream-signature-balanced-(xlr)-1166650155

I have no affiliation with either seller

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #1,001 of 1,586
This one will come to me. I am too curious to try it to miss this oportunity.

Welcome to the Rock! :sunglasses:

sean-connery-disney-****-you.jpg

Jan 9, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #1,002 of 1,586
This one will come to me. I am too curious to try it to miss this oportunity.
Looking forward to to your impressions…also in comparison to TT2 🤩

Jan 10, 2023 at 2:21 AM Post #1,003 of 1,586
Looking forward to to your impressions…also in comparison to TT2 🤩
I am not good at descriptions and I'll listen it in a specific scenario on my custom tube amp with some specific musical preferences. In other words, I am the last person you'd ask for an opinion. But I'll try to provide one. :D

Jan 10, 2023 at 2:58 AM Post #1,004 of 1,586
I am not good at descriptions and I'll listen it in a specific scenario on my custom tube amp with some specific musical preferences. In other words, I am the last person you'd ask for an opinion. But I'll try to provide one. :D
Don’t we all have specific musical preferences 😊

In the end it’s your own specific description what makes this comparison and your own way to do it valuable 🍀✨

Eager to hear your thoughts ✌️

Jan 10, 2023 at 5:12 AM Post #1,005 of 1,586
I have to admit that I consider Rockna Wavelight an experiment. I want to see how an R2R DAC pairs with my setup. I also have limited expectations, mostly due to the warmer nature of this device and the fact that my rest of the line is tuned for my tube amp (everything else towards neutral - DAC / silver cables/ a.s.o.). Too much warmness or a too forgiving setup is definitely not what I am looking for. Let's hope my expectations are wrong and I'll be surprised. I always like to lower them in order to let myself pleasingly impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back