Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
Sep 22, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #1,083 of 1,205
  Huh, i really hate r-50 ... 

I had shure 535 and i sold them, thinking to get more "analytical", and than i found these, and i dont know why, but when im listening to these, sound is just passing by me for some reason, i can never get into the song the way i could with 535 ... I think the reason is these are so bright that i can never turn up enough to hear lower and mid part of the spectrum in a way i could with shure, and than everything sounds so thin and small ...
Dont get me wrong, they are very transparent, and u can hear everything, and everything is there, it is just that in every song hi hat is louder than the bass and the lead instrument, which really pisses me off ...I dont know why people call this analytical, i never heard this kind of sound on any sound system, mids are always the loudest part in the music, bass is always biggest sounding, here the hi hat is the loudest, and hi hat is the same size as bass if you would imagine it in your head.
I get that they are called analytical cuz they dont change frequency response of the song (although i highly doubt that from what i heard), but this analytical soud, doesent have aything to do with real world representation of the full range sound. 

Probably best words to describe the difference would be that with 535 i felt like im listening to music from a huge stadium sound system, while with these i feel like im listening to music from ipad/laptop speakers ... 

Perhaps try some Ety tri-flange tips. They REALLY help in my opinion.

Oct 25, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #1,086 of 1,205
HI guys, i need a recommendation.

I have r50 for half a year now and I still love them.  But I wan't to upgrade now to a new IEM, still the same signature, maybe extend the range, a bit of bass but not a prerequisite. But I want a bigger soundstage and more clarity if it still can, Basically a justifiable upgrade to r-50. Maybe in a range of $450 dollars. 

Any opinions how w4r par with r-50. Is it a big difference, or how noticable.

Also any recommendation is very much appreciated. Just say how it is sonically an upgrade.

Thanks

Oct 30, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #1,090 of 1,205
Personally I love fixing things myself, but I'd email/call them first to find out if its still under warranty.  Chances are it is and all you should have to pay is the shipping to them (at least thats how it was with me, so YMMV).

Oct 30, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #1,091 of 1,205
  So I should try fixing it? Any idea how much sending them for repair would cost, and if warranty is voided?

Personally I love fixing things myself, but I'd email/call them first to find out if its still under warranty.  Chances are it is and all you should have to pay is the shipping to them (at least thats how it was with me, so YMMV).

Warranty is supposed to be applied to malfunction due to manufacturing defects/mistakes.  That is not the case, here.  Still, you can contact the manufacturer and send them the picture that you posted here and thus find out how much it would cost you to get have them fix your R-50 including shipping costs, of course.  Then, you can compare that to the cost of having someone or yourself place a new plug on your R-50 cable.

Another option is to just go ahead and upgrade to a better cable.  This Head-Fier did so:

http://www.head-fi.org/u/130845/jupiterknight

He might give you some insight as to how much better the sound is (or was) with the new cable and how he got it recabled.  If you think that the R-50 are keepers for you, this might be the best way to fix this problem.

Oct 31, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #1,092 of 1,205
Has anyone had any trouble with one side producing much less sound?  Sound is there but much lower and less dynamic than the other side. Did the wiggle the wire thing with no help.  I bought these in January and used them very little before they acted up, they have been sitting for months now but I would like to see if I can fix them.

Oct 31, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #1,093 of 1,205
When i lower volume on amp to really low levels, the left side starts to fade out a bit. At one point the left side goes completely silent, but that is so quiet that i never listen on those levels.

Also im not sure if its not amp related. (in my case)

However. I did have same issue on my Beats by Dr. Dre UrBeats, when the left side was about 60 or 50% less loudness and detail than the other side. I had to change channel balance more to the left channel and then really bump up the volume in order to get them play about same. But this happend after around 10 months of using. But im still not sure what caused it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back