Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
Apr 26, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #992 of 1,205
I learned early in life that pretty girls are amenable to more than you might expect. 

Apr 30, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #993 of 1,205
I`ve got these babies yesterday and being quite happy with the first impression. After some 100 hours of burning in my ears and brain with them will make a test VS. my REOs
smily_headphones1.gif

May 6, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #994 of 1,205
I just got the R-50 after a 1-month wait since the R-50s were out-of-stock in Asia(R-50s were currently in production during the asking time around April). The the good thing is that Rock-it Sales rep., Catherine, told me that these are the newer improved version. I'm not sure what exactly was made to improve the built issue though, knowing it's improved is good enough for me. I have to say I really like them right out-of-the-box, putting them into different genres listening through Sansa Clip Zip with no amps. So far one track it sounded worst was Princess of China by Coldplay, the background noise was already noticeable in other IEMs but the R-50s revealed the hell out of the track's background noise(I'm not sure if they intended that effect but it's ruining the song for me.lol)

May 6, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #997 of 1,205
What is the difference?

May 6, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #998 of 1,205
How they sound with Symphonic Metal (Nightwish and Within Temptaion) and Dubstep / Drum'n'Bass (mainly Pendulum and Savant)?
How would you compare them to headphones like Creative Aurvana Live! and Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro?

I wanted to buy these from a long time, but I am always worried for the possible lack of body in the sound.

May 6, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #1,000 of 1,205
Quote:
How they sound with Symphonic Metal (Nightwish and Within Temptaion) and Dubstep / Drum'n'Bass (mainly Pendulum and Savant)?
How would you compare them to headphones like Creative Aurvana Live! and Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro?

I wanted to buy these from a long time, but I am always worried for the possible lack of body in the sound.

This is a genuine concern.  Occasionally, the R-50 lack body in the sound.  That happens when the bass in the recording is not as strong as it should for the recording to be considered a good quality recording, as far as bass is concerned.  When that happens, even with my foobar2000 45 band equalization, the bass sounds light and the track lacks body.  That is not the usual case, though.  On the other hand, it is hard to find a track with a strong body with the R-50.  Most of the time the body is just adequate and it is in the other departments where the R-50 shine and provide an overall good to excellent sound experience.

May 6, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #1,002 of 1,205
Hey Inks, do you have a FR graph for the R-50?  If you do, I would like to know what you think of them just by looking at the graph.

Here

This IEM is amazing in the fact that it has so much potential to be heard in many different ways. It does seem to be sibilant and bass would be lacking a bit as it's lacking decay. A configuration that will seem to be best which I will hope to try sometime is 

Shallow insertion+T130 tips+grey knowles dampers+33ohm impedance. 

This should make it smoother and a bit more beefier on the low end. 

May 17, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #1,003 of 1,205
Feel like jumping onto this thread now that I'm an owner of the R-50 :)

The sound is to die for, so details and simply delicious.

But, and for me this is a massive but, they are personally really uncomfortable. The stock tips are terrible, so I bought some foam ones that were supposed to fit. They don't, they fall off every now and again, but once I got them fitting onto the actual earphone ok, I put them in and they make an alright seal, but the "memory wire" is just awful. It doesn't conform to the shape around the back of my ear at all, it doesn't stay there, and slowly straightens itself out, pushing my glasses away slightly. I enjoy the sound so much, and gradually it decreases in quality as they are pushed out of my ears, and the memory wire fails it's job. I had hell involving delivery, and being told I could only purchase from the manufacturer, when in fact there is an online UK reseller, but I digress, that's another story ^_^. My point is, I'll probably be selling these. They are in physically perfect condition and I've got a mint box and all the accessories are perfect. But this isn't an ad, I'm asking for advice now.

What headphones would you recommend around the same price that have as close to the sound quality as these as possible? Perhaps a little more bass quantity, felt like they were slightly lacking...

First time I splash out a load of money on some IEM's, eagerly awaiting their arrival, and I'm can't enjoy them :frowning2:

Thoughts?

May 17, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #1,004 of 1,205
You could always get them reshelled into customs if you like the sound that much.  Or you could try cutting the memory wire (carefully, and I take no responsibility if you try it and ****** it up!) to see if that helps

May 18, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #1,005 of 1,205
Quote:
Feel like jumping onto this thread now that I'm an owner of the R-50 :)

The sound is to die for, so details and simply delicious.

But, and for me this is a massive but, they are personally really uncomfortable. The stock tips are terrible, so I bought some foam ones that were supposed to fit. They don't, they fall off every now and again, but once I got them fitting onto the actual earphone ok, I put them in and they make an alright seal, but the "memory wire" is just awful. It doesn't conform to the shape around the back of my ear at all, it doesn't stay there, and slowly straightens itself out, pushing my glasses away slightly. I enjoy the sound so much, and gradually it decreases in quality as they are pushed out of my ears, and the memory wire fails it's job. I had hell involving delivery, and being told I could only purchase from the manufacturer, when in fact there is an online UK reseller, but I digress, that's another story ^_^. My point is, I'll probably be selling these. They are in physically perfect condition and I've got a mint box and all the accessories are perfect. But this isn't an ad, I'm asking for advice now.

What headphones would you recommend around the same price that have as close to the sound quality as these as possible? Perhaps a little more bass quantity, felt like they were slightly lacking...

First time I splash out a load of money on some IEM's, eagerly awaiting their arrival, and I'm can't enjoy them :frowning2:

Thoughts?

just cut the memory wire (just make two snips at the top and pull - the plastic tears) and get some ety tri-flanges cut down to doubles for comfort.
then these become as comfy as any westones imo.
same quality for the same price? hard imo, but ive heard good things about the eph-100 (havent heard).
the eq5, which i owned for a while is another great, but not so good in comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back