Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
Apr 9, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #976 of 1,205
hi,
I received my pair yesterday and the sound quality is stunning. The guitars sound exceptional, the separation is very good.

Not sure if the cable over-my-ears will be comfortable for me (big ears owner). I do like the separation they offer.

They revealed quality issues of my rockboxed classic 6g and some of the records (cant do nothing about it at the moment) and i did not expect so big gap between them and my previous soundmagic pl50. 

Although the right speaker is noticeably quieter. So much that its not comfortable, and the balance must be changed to ~~ 10-15% (which i do not consider as a solution because not all of my devices have such settings etc). 

I've send notice  to the topdogheadphones about the mismatch, and now I'm waiting...  It's a pity because I like the sound. Anybody had such issue ? 

Apr 9, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #977 of 1,205
oh, probably not this or just about any BA IEM.  id assume you want a very capable low end capability.  the R-50 is waaaay more about accuracy than it is an air mover.

actually my suggestion would be something cooler but bassy, C751 would be my first choice, TF10 (if you can drive it well) 2nd.  of what you mention id make an educated guess of the GR07 bass.  (not heard it or the mk2 but neither of the re400 or B2 would be what id think your after)

Apr 16, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #979 of 1,205
I just got these in the mail. (A lot faster than expected.) I was replacing my HF5s with them. With the Ety triflanges, they sound good. 
etysmile.gif

I'm keeping them.

Apr 18, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #980 of 1,205
I bring you good news R-50 fans!

I have been speaking with Billy from Noisy Motel, it seems your calls for better build quality have been answered, there is a revised R-50 being released very soon, namely the memory wire coming away from the housing. Billy said hopefully he will have the new version in stock when he orders the next batch, so I expect new owners will be receiving these soon too.

Apr 18, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #981 of 1,205
Quote:
I bring you good news R-50 fans!

I have been speaking with Billy from Noisy Motel, it seems your calls for better build quality have been answered, there is a revised R-50 being released very soon, namely the memory wire coming away from the housing. Billy said hopefully he will have the new version in stock when he orders the next batch, so I expect new owners will be receiving these soon too.

what do you mean by "the memory wire coming away from the housing"? does that mean there won't be a memory wire at all?

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #983 of 1,205
I don't know exactly what's being done with the revision, we didn't go that far in depth during our conversation, I'll see if I can find out for you guys. I assume the problems will be addressed though.

Apr 26, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #984 of 1,205
Well guys, don't be a dumbass like me and destory these fine IEMs.  I took off the ear guides and thought, "Hey!  Some super glue would be great for the wire near the housing to increase the stability and character of the wiring!"  And the glue seeped into the nossil ruined the sound.  I suck :frowning2:  Guess I will have to wait for the updated R-50 now...

Apr 26, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #986 of 1,205
Quote:
Well guys, don't be a dumbass like me and destory these fine IEMs.  I took off the ear guides and thought, "Hey!  Some super glue would be great for the wire near the housing to increase the stability and character of the wiring!"  And the glue seeped into the nossil ruined the sound.  I suck :frowning2:  Guess I will have to wait for the updated R-50 now...

ouch not good.

Apr 26, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #987 of 1,205
Haha, it was one of those moments where you just step back and think, "what the hell was I thinking?".  Really unfortunate too, because I had not been using my R-50s for a while due to my hate of the ear guides and finally decided to try and remove them.  I removed them with ease, spent all day falling back in love with the sound, and then at night decided that I should make them more durable... with super glue o_O 

Apr 26, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #988 of 1,205
Quote:
Haha, it was one of those moments where you just step back and think, "what the hell was I thinking?".  Really unfortunate too, because I had not been using my R-50s for a while due to my hate of the ear guides and finally decided to try and remove them.  I removed them with ease, spent all day falling back in love with the sound, and then at night decided that I should make them more durable... with super glue o_O 

sucky. so nice withouth the ear guide imo. not so nice with super glue

Apr 26, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #989 of 1,205

Don't feel so bad about it. First, it is not so easy to think that the glue could get into the nozzle. Second, those who don't take risks in life, never accomplish anything important. Third, I thought about doing something similar and now, I know better. Thank you for letting us know.

Apr 26, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #990 of 1,205
Quote:
Don't feel so bad about it. Those who don't take risks in life, never accomplish anything important. 

If you don't ask, you never find out the prom queen is a nymphomaniac. (True. Story.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back