Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
Jan 9, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #677 of 1,205
I wanna join in the r50 fun but my iems are stuck at the post office and will have to get them on saturday :frowning2:. cant wait to hear how they compete with the eph100s.

Jan 9, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #679 of 1,205
Quote:
I wanna join in the r50 fun but my iems are stuck at the post office and will have to get them on saturday
frown.gif
. cant wait to hear how they compete with the eph100s.

I like the R-50 quite a bit more than the EPH-100 because the R-50 has better clarity and micro detail and both have a nice soundstage.

Jan 9, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #680 of 1,205
Quote:
Well, my R-50 arrived I'm not going to lie I don't like them.

Not sure whether I'm simply accustom to T-Peos H-100, I'm just going to say it how I hear it.

I think I prefer a colder signature because these sound muffled and smeared compared the transparency I find in H-100. The mids and vocals on R-50 are less grainy, they arent missing the lower mid support which is nice but the whole signature is rather thin and congested . Again like everything else I've tried since the T-Peos a lower resolution or my favourite saying someone stuffed some tissue in the nozzels, I'm not sure what I'm missing. If this is what a $119 IEM sounds like H-100 sounds as stated like a $300+ IEM. I've tried all my sources and I'm sorry to tell NoGood but these do not pair with C3 very well at all. These have nothing on H-100 IMO

I mean no offence to anyone but these are not what I was expecting .

I was kinda expecting the might not replace the H-100 for you mate because after reading a lot of your posts, I get a brief idea of the sound you like. Anyways, is there any sibilance while using the C3? I'll be waiting for a brief conclusion from you. How about the R50 and the HM601? And thank you for being so helpful :).

Jan 9, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #681 of 1,205
I was kinda expecting the might not replace the H-100 for you mate because after reading a lot of your posts, I get a brief idea of the sound you like. Anyways, is there any sibilance while using the C3? I'll be waiting for a brief conclusion from you. How about the R50 and the HM601? And thank you for being so helpful :).

Mate, this is really weird and I'm dead set honest about this. For first 10 - 15 minutes these sounded bad, there was no treble and everything was smeared together, no word of a lie either my brain is adjusting or they have broken in a little. Like that first few minutes the BA were opening up or stiff. because the treble has come out and I'm enjoying them much more than I was with C3 less than an hour ago. All is not lost!

I'm going to stay out of this thread for 24 hours and come back fresh with some impressions.

Jan 9, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #682 of 1,205
Quote:
Quote:
We must adjust my brain! I may of spoken to soon.

Now that's funny

Read my R-50 review here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/600093/rockit-sounds-r-50-review-impressions-appreciation/435#post_8595847

Close to the end of the review there is comment about hearing adjustment coming from a bass heavier IEM.

Also, forget about EDM with the R-50.  Techno Kid appreciates heavy bass, but he is far from being a bass lover.  So, he would disagree with me to an appreciable extent an he would say (and he did) that the R-50 sound good with Trance and Techno.  Still, he has a very good ear to appraise sound quality.

Jan 10, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #684 of 1,205
Quote:

Read my review here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/600093/rockit-sounds-r-50-review-impressions-appreciation/435#post_8595847

Close to the end of the review there is comment about hearing adjustment coming from a bass heavier IEM.

Also, forget about EDM with the R-50.  Techno Kid appreciates heavy bass, but he is far from being a bass lover.  So, he would disagree with me to an appreciable extent an he would say (and he did) that the R-50 sound good with Trance and Techno.  Still, he has a very good ear to appraise sound quality.

H20 is starting to like the R-50 a lot and he also think they work well with EDM.  They have the perfect signature for EDM imo with nice crisp highs that aren't harsh mids that are a bit forward and I like a flat bass response so I can adjust them to fit how much impact I want and you really can do with an IEM that has a lot of bass.  

The SM3 is by far the best IEM I've had or heard (well I have listen to the K3003 for like 20 mins and they were great but to bright with the filter he had on them) and sound amazing with EDM because how forward the mids are with all that detail and a great bass response with the best soundstage, separation and 3D imaging you can get from an IEM under $600 or so.

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #687 of 1,205
Quote:
Quote:

Read my review here:

H20 is starting to like the R-50 a lot and he also think they work well with EDM.  They have the perfect signature for EDM imo with nice crisp highs that aren't harsh mids that are a bit forward and I like a flat bass response so I can adjust them to fit how much impact I want and you really can do with an IEM that has a lot of bass.  

The SM3 is by far the best IEM I've had or heard (well I have listen to the K3003 for like 20 mins and they were great but to bright with the filter he had on them) and sound amazing with EDM because how forward the mids are with all that detail and a great bass response with the best soundstage, separation and 3D imaging you can get from an IEM under $600 or so.

I will admit that I am a basshead of the xtreme kind.  But, my ears want good mids and good highs, too.  Also, they are sensitive to muddy sound.  So, my ears want the best of all worlds.

If someone can be happy with less bass quantity than I do, then the R-50 could be considered good for EDM and it is better that way for H2O Fidelity.  I am happy with that, because I want people to like the R-50.  In the end, it is a great thing that different people with different sound requirements, hear the R-50 and post their experiences here.  That should help in having a good idea about their sound profile for those who might be thinking about getting them.

I like my R-50.  It would be useless to replace them with something that had more bass at the expense of the great mids and highs that these IEMs have.

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #688 of 1,205
I'm still torn between the R-50 and the BA200's, but I think I'm leaning toward the R-50's - many thanks to Techno Kid for the helpful PM conversation.

I know the stock tips that come with the R-50 aren't very popular - can anyone give some recommendations on replacement tips?  The Comply tips seem pretty well regarded and easy to get, but I've seen the Shure's mentioned quite a bit too.  I have an email out to Comply to verify if their tips are compatible with the R-50's, but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks for any feedback!

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #689 of 1,205
Easy the grey Etymotic triple-flange tips are by far the best.

Heres a link where you get 10 sets, http://www.amazon.com/Etymotic-Research-ER38-18-3-Flange-Replacement/dp/B006WT2AD8/ref=pd_sim_e_2

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #690 of 1,205
If you like an IEM that's more on the brighter side yet still quite smooth over all the R-50 is perfect and if your wanting a warmer sound that's even smoother than the BA200 is the way to go.  No matter which one you get both are an outstanding value and have top-tier sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back