Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
Jul 14, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #421 of 1,205
The last time I used the stock tips was 2 weeks after I got the R-50 and after Deviltooth's comment about them not being any better than the Hybirds I broke them out again.  I have to say he's right because I can't really tell much of a difference if any at all, they really don't sound bad.  The Atrio foam give them more bass impact and the soundstage is about the same but the stock tips and the hybrids give them a bit more of an air feel over the Atrio foams.  For tips it all comes down to getting a good seal, no matter what tips they are if you get a good seal then they're going to sound fine.

Jul 14, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #422 of 1,205
The last time I used the stock tips was 2 weeks after I got the R-50 and after Deviltooth's comment about them not being any better than the Hybirds I broke them out again.  I have to say he's right because I can't really tell much of a difference if any at all, they really don't sound bad.  The Atrio foam give them more bass impact and the soundstage is about the same but the stock tips and the hybrids give them a bit more of an air feel over the Atrio foams.  For tips it all comes down to getting a good seal, no matter what tips they are if you get a good seal then they're going to sound fine.

i agree with swimsonny that Sony hybrid tips nozzle has slightly bigger diameter. R-50 don't really fit well with them. however Vsonic tips for GR06 work n fit well with R-50 as their diameter is smaller. i use the pale green one, i suppose is the largest. COMPLY tips do Work now...as i manage to get a proper seal and they Sound great. the sound is slightly warmer than the sound from stock tips.

Jul 21, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #426 of 1,205
here you go:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/619457/rockit-sounds-all-iem-models-reviewed

Jul 23, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #427 of 1,205
Hi techno kid, i'm in the uk and looking to buy a pair of r 50's, do you know any uk suppliers apart from the rockit sounds website itself. Also, what are the best tips for the r 50 (foamies if possible)?

Jul 23, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #428 of 1,205
I'm about 90% sure I'll buy these, but for some reason I can't pull the trigger yet.

With all due respect to TechnoKid, but he's one of the few people pushing these, just like Dsnuts with the Audio Technica IEM's. Is it simply because these earphones are unknown or because they aren't really above the likes of GR07, DBA-2, etc?

I'd like to hear some more opinions from people who have these. I'm basically looking for something to compliment my Yamaha IEM's, so something that is a bit brighter and slightly more spacious and analytical. Not too much though and I can't stand sibilance. I'd also like to venture into the BA world as I've only owned and listened to dynamic drivers.

Jul 23, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #429 of 1,205
Quote:
Hi techno kid, i'm in the uk and looking to buy a pair of r 50's, do you know any uk suppliers apart from the rockit sounds website itself. Also, what are the best tips for the r 50 (foamies if possible)?

Other than Amazon.com I don't now where you can get them.  The tips I use is the Atrio foams and they work great and give them a little more bass impact as well.

Jul 25, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #431 of 1,205
I ran into my first real problem with the R-50's and that's dealing with a substandard under powered source.  I listen to DVD's at the gym and their systems are not that great but are what I have to work with.  I took my R-50's there yesterday for the first time and the experience was awful.  The R-50's distorted on any bass, no matter how low I put the volume.  I borrowed my wife's klipsh S4's to compare and they sounded fine.  I'm chalking it up to the R-50 having a higher impedence and the unit I used having some sort of power output issue.  I suppose the only way I could verify this would be to find a portable headphone amp and see if it resolves the issue.  Luckly other units at the gym do sound ok so the one I got was worse than normal.  Still, it was disheartening to find that after finally finding an IEM I like, it won't work well at the gym.  I may have to grab an amp for them or find a cheap IEM to use at the gym.

Jul 25, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #432 of 1,205
You said you listen to DVD's (not watch) at the gym, why don't you just use your own mp3 player or phone.  The R-50's impedance is not higher than most other IEM's its only at 32 and they sound fine on all my players so I guess your gyms is really bad.

Jul 26, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #433 of 1,205
has anybody heard these and the CKM-500? can anyone compare them?

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #434 of 1,205
Well, I took the plunge and ordered a pair of R-50's. Took me a while to finally pull the trigger, but there's just so much competition in that $100-$200 price range.

Can't wait to hear them!

Jul 31, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #435 of 1,205
has anybody heard these and the CKM-500? sometimes i just feel the ckm has to much bass. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back