Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
Nov 4, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #1,201 of 1,205
Hola Marcus. Thank you for your reviews.

One of the things that was very helpful from your reviews content was the score (from 0 to 10) on tonality. For example, I got the FiiO BTR3 knowing that it was going to sound good to my ears because you gave it a score of 8.9 in tonality. Tonality is a key feature for an audio device to have the "it" factor that makes the user want to go back to that device when choosing among the available options. It would add a lot of value to your reviews if you added that score back to the reviews content.

Nov 4, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #1,203 of 1,205
HI Alberto, tonality is the same as sound quality, we just changed the label.
Tonality is a distinctive trait of sound quality. When you give it a distinctive score apart from the bass, mids, treble, soundstage, separation and other sound traits, you are making a clear statement about how appealing the tone is to your ears. It is hard to find someone who officially includes that score in a review of audio devices. And at least for me, having that score in your reviews made your reviews the authority for me to consider whether or not an audio device could be an option to be added to what I already have. It made me think "I'd better check Marcus' score on tonality before thinking about getting this". Your tonality score always made me do a browser search like this: "device name headfonics".

Nov 4, 2020 at 8:09 AM Post #1,204 of 1,205
Tonality is a distinctive trait of sound quality. When you give it a distinctive score apart from the bass, mids, treble, soundstage, separation and other sound traits, you are making a clear statement about how appealing the tone is to your ears. It is hard to find someone who officially includes that score in a review of audio devices. And at least for me, having that score in your reviews made your reviews the authority for me to consider whether or not an audio device could be an option to be added to what I already have. It made me think "I'd better check Marcus' score on tonality before thinking about getting this". Your tonality score always made me do a browser search like this: "device name headfonics".

Not quite sure you understand - we just changed the label beside the score, nothing more, the score still covers tonality but now it's with a label that is more direct. It's the same topics that are being dealt with.

Jun 23, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #1,205 of 1,205
My Rock It Sounds R-50 that I got 9 years ago still amaze me with clarity, tonality, vocals, instruments, soundstage, middle and high frequencies. They sound great with tracks where drums or bass slam are not a prominent part of the presentation. Forget about these with EDM tracks. But, with other stuff my R-50 are just addictive.

I wonder what is the difference in sound between the vintage R-50 and the new version.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back