Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
Jan 9, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #1,190 of 1,205
  Can anyone compare these earphones to the Havi B3 Pro 1?

I have both, they are absolutely different beasts
smily_headphones1.gif

Sound and feel in general very much varies using different tips - with R-50 I use Comply foam tips (get better bass) but with Havi - Senn double flanges. 

Jan 9, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #1,191 of 1,205
  I have both, they are absolutely different beasts
smily_headphones1.gif

Sound and feel in general very much varies using different tips - with R-50 I use Comply foam tips (get better bass) but with Havi - Senn double flanges. 

Care to explain how they are different from one another? Furthermore, which one is more comfortable? I have smaller ears.

Jan 10, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #1,192 of 1,205

Care to explain how they are different from one another? Furthermore, which one is more comfortable? I have smaller ears.

For me the R-50 are more comfy and I also have smaller ears. Havi are hard to drive but I see you have an amp. I prefer the sound of R-50 because my genres being acoustic, jazz and classical. If you`re into electronic and rock music, Havi will do fine. Each has it`s pluses and minuses, but I`m not gonna sell one in a foreseen future perhaps 
beerchug.gif

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #1,193 of 1,205
Anyone had changed cable of R-50? Mine got damaged near the jack.

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #1,194 of 1,205
  Anyone had changed cable of R-50? Mine got damaged near the jack.

If there's enough cable length left I would look up some smartphone repair shops close by, see if they can solder a new jack on.

If you're handy with a soldering iron you can even get a new jack on eBay and DIY.

Jan 26, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #1,195 of 1,205
Revisited the R50's yesterday after not using them for a loooong time. Aactually removed the memory wire as I didn't like the over ear fit due to glasses.

The clarity is absolutely amazing and they work great with certain genres. However, the lack of bass really got to me. I must admit that I'm more of a basshead than someone who likes neutral, but these really came to life once I started messing with the EQ a bit and pumped up the low end.

I've ordered some Etymotic triple flange tips to see what it does to the sound signature and isolation.

Does anyone have any other advise to increase the bass?

Jan 27, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #1,196 of 1,205

If there's enough cable length left I would look up some smartphone repair shops close by, see if they can solder a new jack on.

If you're handy with a soldering iron you can even get a new jack on eBay and DIY.

Thanks, but is it possible to change cable completely? 

Jan 27, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #1,197 of 1,205
  Revisited the R50's yesterday after not using them for a loooong time. Aactually removed the memory wire as I didn't like the over ear fit due to glasses.

The clarity is absolutely amazing and they work great with certain genres. However, the lack of bass really got to me. I must admit that I'm more of a basshead than someone who likes neutral, but these really came to life once I started messing with the EQ a bit and pumped up the low end.

I've ordered some Etymotic triple flange tips to see what it does to the sound signature and isolation.

Does anyone have any other advise to increase the bass?

I use comply foams, bass is better.

Jan 27, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #1,198 of 1,205
  Thanks, but is it possible to change cable completely? 

Usually, re-cabling requires opening the shells, you need to gain direct access to the drivers wiring contacts.

I would drop into our DIY forum, ask some people there if they know anyone willing to try.

Jan 30, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #1,199 of 1,205
Wow, these respond well to some EQ'ing.

Added some bass boost through EQ and they really come alive. Now they sound like I want them to. Fantastic detail (chairs squeeking in the studio? yes, we can hear it ), massive soundstage, and now the amount of bass I needed. Treble can be a little harsh if the song is sibilant or poorly recorded, so they aren't forgiving, but I guess you can EQ that as well if you want to.

Oh and they're comfortable as well. Especially now that I wear them straight down. Let's see what the multiple flange tips will do when I receive them.

Thank god I revisited these earphones.

Nov 4, 2020 at 6:04 AM Post #1,200 of 1,205

Users who are viewing this thread

Back