Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
Dec 7, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #1,171 of 1,205
  Nice!!! How much did the reshelling cost, how did you add a subbass driver and where did you get it done? Looks awesome!

It's a Reshell and 3 drivers upgrade from Unique Melody. Since they said they've never see this headphone before, I have to tell them which driver(s) it was (TWFK x2) and how I want it to be upgraded. I basically tell them I want Knowles CI-22955 added. I want subbass, but stays neutral like the headphone is. And they freaking perfected it! 

I paid ~$400, ear impression and shipping costs included. 

Jan 13, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #1,172 of 1,205
Nice going there ... My rockits have been reshelled. but 400 dolls is a bit too much to pay to add 40 dollar drivers. But, I am pretty sure UM did quality work on reshelling.
No subbass for me as well.... I think the Shure SE cables I got contributes certainly to it as well, may be search another cable.

Jan 22, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #1,173 of 1,205
Long time R50 has been my favourite IEM for listening to Jazz and Classical music, now I want to try smth new..
Been looking to Havi B3, Ostry KC06, Tenore. 
Any suggestions, before I open my wallet, sell kidney and plunge into CIEMs? 
atsmile.gif

Jan 22, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #1,174 of 1,205
Long time R50 has been my favourite IEM for listening to Jazz and Classical music, now I want to try smth new..
Any suggestions, before I open my wallet, sell kidney and plunge into CIEMs? :atsmile:

I suggest having a read of the new Dunu Titan 1 dynamic. Though if isolation is important it's not for you due to the design. Having owned R-50, Brainwavz B2 offers a similar sound or Vsonic VC1000.

Here's the Titan thread which I would class a direct upgrade from R-50.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/744083/dunu-titan-1-titanium-coated-diaphragm-half-in-ear-earphones

Jan 26, 2015 at 4:05 AM Post #1,176 of 1,205
Any suggestions, before I open my wallet, sell kidney and plunge into CIEMs? 
atsmile.gif

Zero Audio DuoZA has been getting some limelight of late and some $300+ comparisons.

Jan 26, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #1,177 of 1,205
  I was just wondering what be a good and affordable setup for the Rock-it R50s. I am asking because although I feel this is a great pair of IEMs I feel it would be so much better if it weren't thin sounding in the vocal department. How could I make this iems more fuller sounding whilst adding dynamism and slightly more impactful bass?

Thanks for your help

I use mine with Etymotic Gray Foam tips with a FIIO E17 USB AMP\DAC.  I kick the bass up a couple notches on the E17 and I am super happy.  I mostly listen to HipHop, RnB, and some Pop.

Jan 27, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #1,178 of 1,205

Zero Audio DuoZA has been getting some limelight of late and some $300+ comparisons.

For me the most important is big soundstage with excellent separation, any info on these iems?
Soon will receive Havi B3 Pro I and compare with my Rock It Sounds R-50.

Jan 28, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #1,179 of 1,205
Please look into the Duoza review posted by Twister6. He describes a notably wide soundstage and separation, given his collection of gear I think its rather definite.

Aug 8, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #1,183 of 1,205
Does anyone know what happend to topdogheadphones.com? My Rock-It R-50 started playing at lower volumes and propably without ceratin frequencies, depenind on position of the cable right behind the jack. I suspect only one driver for each ear is playing when it occurs. So i wanted to send it to RMA since it is still under warranty. But the site is gone and i cannot find any info about it...

Aug 30, 2015 at 7:38 AM Post #1,185 of 1,205
Rebkos I suggest you will messege to rock it sounds site if you still have receipt and if your iems still under warranty. 
my rock it sounds r-50 wasnt fit to my ears and i want better seal so i did some cheap mod that works.
i bought this from ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Radians-CEP001-Blue-Custom-Molded-Easy-Fit-Ear-Plugs-10-Minute-Free-US-Shipping-/221175962180?hash=item337f1d5a44

and did the mod in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb7bTe5XZPs

result- 

not so preety but seat tight and comfy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back