Rockit Sounds R-50 Reviews and Impressions
Nov 13, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #1,097 of 1,205
just got mine yesterday and has been trying different types of tips i got laying around the house. i feel they have better impact with silicon then foam, and I've basically have stuck with the smallest tip size they come with, witch actually gives me a decent fit. (a bit big for my right ear) any tips for finding small tips for em would be a big help.

these will most likely replace my HD25-1 ii for travel, i have been looking for an IEM before i visit family for Christmas

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #1,098 of 1,205
just got mine yesterday and has been trying different types of tips i got laying around the house. i feel they have better impact with silicon then foam, and I've basically have stuck with the smallest tip size they come with, witch actually gives me a decent fit. (a bit big for my right ear) any tips for finding small tips for em would be a big help.

these will most likely replace my HD25-1 ii for travel, i have been looking for an IEM before i visit family for Christmas

Not for silicon but I have very small ear canals as well and when it come to foams I have to cut them down with scissors.

Nov 15, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #1,100 of 1,205
i m facing some clipping issues in my right earpiece of my r 50..
i know it cant be fixed...
so i was thinking to order a single TWFK driver from digikey or mouser and get into lil DIY
i got a question how different are they from the stock twfk

Nov 17, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #1,102 of 1,205
I would advise against recabling these. THe TWFK drivers are monstrously difficult to handle unless you know what you're doing. (Which I don't, so I'm down a driver. 
confused_face.gif
) Oh well... After several attempts to fix these things (the last being a horrible failure) I have three options. Buy another pair, hoping the cable won't fail; buy another TWFK driver and try fixing it the hard way; or save up for a pair of customs... I really kinda liked the sound, but hated the build...

Anyone care to comment? Have the cables improved at all since the release of the "M" versions?

Nov 28, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #1,103 of 1,205
  I would advise against recabling these. THe TWFK drivers are monstrously difficult to handle unless you know what you're doing. (Which I don't, so I'm down a driver. 
confused_face.gif
) Oh well... After several attempts to fix these things (the last being a horrible failure) I have three options. Buy another pair, hoping the cable won't fail; buy another TWFK driver and try fixing it the hard way; or save up for a pair of customs... I really kinda liked the sound, but hated the build...

Anyone care to comment? Have the cables improved at all since the release of the "M" versions?

This is why I bought the Vsonic GR01 instead. The build looked better and they are said to sound pretty much identical.

Nov 29, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #1,104 of 1,205
  This is why I bought the Vsonic GR01 instead. The build looked better and they are said to sound pretty much identical.

I own both GR01 and R50, and no -- they do not sound identical. R50 is better. More engaging, layered and fun. This is not a matter of insertion and tips as I ordered Custom Art tips for both of these. Hevaily recommended, btw.

R50 have built issues, this is true. After a year or so, my pair has some problems with memory cable insertion to the headphone. 

I prefer some tracks, especially with average mastering, on R50 over my full headphones, HE400. With custom tips R50 simply rock. HE400 have an edge in bass and soundstage and are more capable technically, but R50 is so fast and entertaining, also more forgiving.

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #1,105 of 1,205

I own both GR01 and R50, and no -- they do not sound identical. R50 is better. More engaging, layered and fun. This is not a matter of insertion and tips as I ordered Custom Art tips for both of these. Hevaily recommended, btw.

R50 have built issues, this is true. After a year or so, my pair has some problems with memory cable insertion to the headphone. 

I prefer some tracks, especially with average mastering, on R50 over my full headphones, HE400. With custom tips R50 simply rock. HE400 have an edge in bass and soundstage and are more capable technically, but R50 is so fast and entertaining, also more forgiving.

More forgiving? I thought the R50 was/is quite sibilant and harsh without the right tips.. When I use my Ety tri-flanges...that's bliss, let me tell you. 

Dec 2, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #1,106 of 1,205
I've just got these yesterday off a Head-fier.

the memory wire made it maddening to have to fit over your ears every time you took them off and put them back on.

I've removed the wire, and remove nearly all of the plastic covering, but left maybe 5 or 6 mm for strain relief where the cable enter the earpiece. 

Overall, they're a nice unit, running out of a Galaxy s3 and a Aune T1. They can get a bit treble heavy on tracks with heaps of cymbals, and there isn't a great deal of bottom end, but overall, they're comfortable and sound great. 

Dec 12, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #1,107 of 1,205
hey.. where is the base???

is this really because i dont have a good fit?
hmm.. confusing. i hope somebody can help me how to get them sound right. 
for the moment they sound clear with a bit of weakness in the mids and almost no base (listening to kind of blue, sounds like the baseman is in the next room)

tx

ps. i am listening to a hd25 otherwise, and my last iem were shure se215.. well

Dec 12, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #1,108 of 1,205
  hey.. where is the base???

is this really because i dont have a good fit?
hmm.. confusing. i hope somebody can help me how to get them sound right. 
for the moment they sound clear with a bit of weakness in the mids and almost no base (listening to kind of blue, sounds like the baseman is in the next room)

tx

ps. i am listening to a hd25 otherwise, and my last iem were shure se215.. well

Please look frequency response rock-it sound r50, he's have analytical sound signature without bass.

You need V shaed sound signature like JVC HA-FRD80-Z, yamaha eph-100, UE triple fi 10, westone 3, westone 4, sony xba-3, xba-30, xba-4, xba-40, earsonic sm3 v2, earsonic sm64, klipsch x10, final audio Heaven V. Any two driver armature on TWFK dual ba don't have bass. 

UE triple fi 10:

Westone 4

Sony XBA-3

Dec 14, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #1,109 of 1,205
@stimer thanks for the graphs.

after listening a bit more and getting used to the signature i have to say i love them already.
what a wonderful detailed wide sound.

edit:
found a company here to order comply foam tips . who can tell me which size would fit the r50s to replace the silicone it came with..?

tx for any info!
peace

Users who are viewing this thread

Back