Rockit R-50 to TDK BA200?
Dec 31, 2012 at 1:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BEZMan

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

First thanks a lot to everyone here - through reading reviews, appreciation threads, etc.... I ended buying some pretty good iems. But I just cannot stop anymore now :wink:

I have a quick question: I currently have a Rockit R-50 and was wondering if it was worth getting a TDK BA200 instead. Do not get me wrong - the R-50 is just awesome, but I understand that the TDK BA200 may be even better with a bit more bass. Price is about the same right now.

So for those who had both: is that worth it, or do they just sound basically almost the same and I should not bother?

Thanx!

PS: my setup is a Sony S + LOD and Fiio E11 (EQ 1 for the R-50 to bring up the bass a bit, and High Amp). 

Dec 31, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #2 of 5
R-50 is nowhere to be found in my country, so I can't say anything about it. But I do have the BA200, which I think very good but not really my perfect one. I knew that it wouldn't give me the treble that I wanted, but I found it to be too laid back for me. Bass is fine, not over-powering at all, and doesn't leak into the mid-range. The vocal is where it shines the most. You can hear it being lifted up from everything else so you can hear it clearly. My only qualm with it is the treble is shy like a virgin.

Dec 31, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #3 of 5
It all breaks down to whether or not you like that bright sound sig. If you do, stay with the R-50, if you want to experiment with a warm sig that while will be more romantic, will typically be slower, go with the BA200. They are polar opposites, and you may end up enjoying both :)

Dec 31, 2012 at 2:21 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanx a bunch for the quick reply.

I like a detailed and tight sound (when I have a goa / trance music session, I usually switch headphones anyways (ATH-M50) or jack up the EQ a bit).... so it appears the R-50 may be better suited for me. I hate muddiness and usually favor clarity and separation. I am not a bass head at all.

I also have a HF2 on the way (as my skype / phone earphone) so I guess I'd be like bright iems :wink:

Thanks again and keep them comments coming!

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #5 of 5
I won't call the BA200 as muddy. Like I said, it's not over-powering and does not leak into the mids. It's what I'd call as perfectly neutral. You can hear it clearly, but it won't hammer you ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back