Rocking amp for Grado PS 500
Oct 11, 2012 at 11:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Golila3

Formerly known as MellowBS
Hello, Newbie right here ^_^... well kinda... I've been playing with my friend's audio gears for a while and I'm beginning to get really interested. 

I currently use a Schiit Bifrost + Lyr + Grado Ps 500 (Got from my friend for 1000$ altogether a few months ago ^_^) 
Anyways...I am looking for a good amp for rock, preferably a tube amp just cuz it looks really cool and rolling tubes seems fun ( I am aware that SS amps may be better in this case, so I'm open for both)

Budget : well.. not really limited because I was saving up for a speaker system but decided to spend the money on headphones^_^. Below 2000$ would be nice since I'm also looking at some CIEMs ^_^.(Please also suggest on these)

Thanks beforehand ^_^

Oct 12, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #3 of 5
I've moved it for you.

If you like tubes, you'll need a hybrid (tube + solid state) amp for the PS500s due to their low impedance.

Oct 12, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks!  It seems like my Schiit Lyr is a hybrid. I like the sound of it with the PS500 right now. Do you think I will get large improvements on a higher-class amp with the PS500s, or would it be better to Invest on something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back