Rockford Fosgate Punch Plugs vs Monster Turbine Pro.... MORE!
Dec 17, 2010 at 4:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

SikkNazty

Head-Fier
I currently have some Sennheiser CX500's and they're pretty nice, but I need something with a bit more OOMPH on the bass side. I've made a couple of selections. I mainly listen to Dubstep/Rock/Metal/Deathmetal. Just let me know which one you think would be best for me please! :)

Rockford Fosgate Punch Plugs ($58 sale): These are mainly for the bass heads, which is me... I'm just worried that they're overrated and stuff idk...

Monster Turbine Pro ($130 refurb.): Is there any difference between the gold and copper versions (other than the color obviously)? These are pretty well known to people, but I am also worried if these are going to be extremely heavy and just fall out of my ears.

Klipsch Image S4 ($58 sale): I heard good reviews on how these are almost perfectly balanced. I also heard they are pretty comfortable?.

V-MODA Vibe II ($80 sale): I've heard these are decent, I'm probably not going to get these but I thought I'd include them in my selection.

Which is the best bang for my buck?! I'm mostly considering the monster's or the rockford's. But I would really appreciate it if I got some input on my selection. Also, if you have any suggestions on OTHER in-ear headphones, I'd appreciate that too.

Thanks!

Dec 17, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #2 of 2
The Punch Plugs are quite ordinary even after burnin and the bass is flabby and poorly defined bleeding heavily into the mids. I found them to be really flat like listening to sound being bounced off a wall and all merging together resulting in poor separation and almost non existent directionality or spaciality. Comfort and fit are not good either and offer very little isolation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back