Rockford Fosgate Punch Plugs or Head-Direct RE0
Jan 18, 2011 at 8:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

BrianFizz

New Head-Fier
New guy here, I've been using this forum as a trusted reference for buying a couple pairs of headphones, and finally decided to make my first post. 
blink.gif

I'm in the market right now for a new pair of IEM's. My preference is particularly bass-heavy, listening to almost every genre of music (I like them all!) but I guess I could focus on both rock and r&b. Isolation is preferable, I will be using this at the gym, as well as on flights. I am also going to be using them un-amped, powered mostly by my zune 80gig, or though my soundblaster titanium sound card. My price range is anywhere between $50-100, but I can possibly squeeze out a few more sheckles for something extraordinary. 

My friend owns a pair of RF Punch Plugs, and right now after listening to them for a few hours and putting them through most of the main genres, they seem to be almost perfect for me (right amount of bass, at least) without too much sacrifice in the mids and highs. So I would like to use them right now as a standard to compare to.  After looking through |Joker|'s Multi IEM review (http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-134-iems-compared-ecci-pr401-added-01-17#post_6492051), I was wondering if there was such another pair of IEM's that would have at least the same amount of bass, yet have the crisp clear highs and mids I'd like to hear as well. Really, what makes me question the Punch Plugs is that their value is much lower than the RE0 (7.5 vs 10.0). The RE0, at least from the review, seems like a phenomenal pair, but I dont know if it will satisfy my need for the low-end. 

I really want to get the most bang for my buck, and hopefully this will be the last pair I will need/want to buy for a while. (yeah, right)

Thanks for your time and consideration!

Jan 18, 2011 at 8:25 AM Post #2 of 2
The RF Punch Plugs are completely different in sound than the RE0's.  The latter being much more neutral.  If you like the sound of the Plugs, you can forget the RE0's.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back