Rockbox Xduoo X3
Apr 15, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #2,241 of 2,617
The "forward/skip" button acting as "play" bug is annoying as hell, otherwise everything else is basically perfect on Rockbox.

What version of Rockbox are you running (including the boot loader version)? It will list both when you boot up Rockbox.

I seem to remember this was a bug in a much earlier version of Rockbox of the X3...or maybe I'm thinking of the Back and Home buttons being reversed...

Apr 15, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #2,242 of 2,617
Should be the newest version, since I downloaded it directly from Vortex's website.
Is your rockboxed X3 really free of this bug?
qQeCcIR.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #2,244 of 2,617
The "forward/skip" button acting as "play" bug is annoying as hell, otherwise everything else is basically perfect on Rockbox.

Yeah, I have the same problem. It was so intolerable I went back to my Clip Zip. I also asked around in this thread to see if others were still having this issue, but nobody responded. I'm on the same version as you, IOW, the latest one. It could be a faulty hardware revision or something I guess, but people have not responded often enough to narrow it down.

Apr 15, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #2,248 of 2,617
Is your rockboxed X3 really free of this bug?
I use the previous version. I never upgraded to the latest version, because I didn't really have a compelling reason to (I wasn't really having any problems).

If this is truly a bug with the latest version, I certainly won't be upgrading now.

Apr 15, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #2,249 of 2,617
There is nothing switched. Sometimes(very often) I'm navigating in folders or menus & the forward button randomly registers as enter/play.. Or I'm fastforwarding within a song and upon releasing the button it pauses playback!

Got it, my bad.

I misunderstood and thought that the "forward/skip" button acting as "play" meant that their functions were switched/swapped. There WAS a bug in a previous build where 2 buttons WERE switched. I checked though, and it was the Home and Back buttons that were switched in that early firmware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back