Rockbox Xduoo X3
Dec 31, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #1,188 of 2,617
  I'll just add that it's probably a safer idea to use a smaller than  64gig card for the initial setup process. The code involved was written well before there were cards bigger than 16gig, probably.

Using it on a 200 gig Sandisk without any trouble at all.

The trick is to have the card formatted in FAT32. Rockbox cannot read reliably any other format.

Cheers

Dec 31, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #1,189 of 2,617

I'll just add that it's probably a safer idea to use a smaller than  64gig card for the initial setup process. The code involved was written well before there were cards bigger than 16gig, probably.

Using it on a 200 gig Sandisk without any trouble at all.

The trick is to have the card formatted in FAT32. Rockbox cannot read reliably any other format.

Cheers

Did you use that 200 gig card to install rockbox ?

Dec 31, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #1,193 of 2,617
BTW, can anyone give me a quick and easy guide of how to make a playlist and simply put my song into it ? I just can't stand how complicated it is for rockbox....

I covered how to make playlists in Foobar2000 in a post here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/803844/rockbox-xduoo-x3/870#post_12978254

Otherwise, you can create on-the-go playlists pretty easily.
Make sure the player is stopped (not paused--while it's playing, tap the power button to stop playback).
Navigate to the first file or folder you wish to add to your new playlist.
Long-press Play to get the Playlist context menu.
Select Current Playlist -> Insert
Repeat steps 2-4 to add more songs/folders.

Save the playlist (remember, I said you can "create" it easily...saving is different):
On the While Playing Screen, long-press Play to get the Playlist context menu again.
Select Playlist -> Save Current Playlist
.....and now (sigh) the Rockbox keyboard.
Prev/Next will navigate the cursor left and right.
Option (the center button) will move the cursor down, and it will scroll to the top after the last line.
When the File Name field is highlighted, use Prev/Next to move the cursor, and Back to delete the preceding character.
Fiddle with the file name until you're sick of it.
Don't delete the .m3u extension.
Once you've compromised on a file name, highlight the File Name field and long-press Play to save your playlist.

IIRC, the playlist will automatically save in the root of the SD card, so you may need to copy it to your Playlist folder.

I've been using Rockbox for ten years, so I'm used to it and it makes sense to me, but I know it's not easy to adapt to.

Jan 1, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #1,198 of 2,617
I'm sure a lot of people are in the same boat as you with the button swap issue.
Apparently there was/is a different layout from the manufacturer to which I think this version of Rockbox was originally intended.

I have looked in the settings of Rockbox on the Xduoo X3, but was unable to find any mapping setting.

I was frustrated by this as it seems a bit unnatural, when comparing to the original firmware.
I have swapped these buttons on mine by making some code modifications and recompiling.
Depending on your comfort level with modifying code and compiling, it might be an option. It was kind of easy (on Ubuntu 16.04). I've not tried in Windows or OSX.
The developer of the Rockbox fork for the Xduoo x3 has the code in github online.
Here are the basic steps I've used:

1. Download the source code from the xvortex site (same site where you got the X3 rockbox has the github link) ,
2. Unzip the code on your local system.
3. make the changes to the code - 
  - edit the file: apps/keymaps/keymap-xduoox3.c, swap the "BUTTON_HOME" and "BUTTON_OPTION" in the file
4. Compile the code following the "The Simple Guide To Compiling In Linux" on the rockbox site
5. Backup your exiting .rockbox folder on your sd card, incase something goes awry
6. Extract your new build onto your SD card (override the exiting files)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back