Rockbox Xduoo X3
Dec 22, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #1,157 of 2,617
Has anyone found a bigger battery for this yet.If so could they put a link up please.I get approx 6-7 hrs at the moment which isnt really enough for me.I really like the player but I would like it even more if I could squeeze 10 hrs out.Cheers everyone.

Dec 23, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #1,158 of 2,617
Hi all

I've ben trawling through the Rockbox site, this site, this thread, Google, anywhere - and can't seem to find an answer.

I previously fixed up a sansa with rockbox for a blind friend of mine. And I enabled the talk files, etc - and it all worked well.

I have just updated a new xduoo x3 to rockbox - and am trying to get the same thing working - but so far with no happy results. 

Does anyone know if it supports the talk files?
Should they be mp3 .talk files? Or should they be the speex format?

When I switch on the voice files in the xduoo settings - it just crashes when I go back to the main menu.

Any help would be gratefully received. It's driving me crazy.

Idaho

Dec 23, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #1,159 of 2,617
Just to add - I have set up the talk files and checked them on the pc - VLAN can hear them - and they all seem to sound fine. But now when I add them to the library - there is a noise when I click on the file - but it's not a complete word. Just a smudged fragment of sound. And after scrolling through a few files and hearing these blips - it gives an error of "Panic: stkov voice".

Dec 24, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #1,160 of 2,617
Made a little progress. I initially created the .talk files on Voicebox with LAME - but those didn't work, so I recreated them with Speex - and they are sounding good - but crashing after 4 or 5 voiced file names  - giving an error of *PANIC* Stkov voice. 
Any tips anyone?

This particular port seems to have been a strange one - looking in from a distance. Not really sure what the full story is - but it seems that someone took open source at face value and tinkered about - possibly without speaking much to the team of people here?
IdahoBlind

Dec 24, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #1,161 of 2,617
.......This particular port seems to have been a strange one - looking in from a distance. Not really sure what the full story is - but it seems that someone took open source at face value and tinkered about - possibly without speaking much to the team of people here?
IdahoBlind rockmonkey

Looking from closer proximity one could discover that this firmware is a fork of the original Rockbox project created by a group of people (https://www.rockbox.org/. This Rockbox fork is the work of one person, XVortex ( http://xvtx.ru/rockbox/index.htm ), outside the Rockbox developers group. The team of people here are just users like you benefiting freely from XVortex's work (based on the Rockbox project).

Idaho, there is the possibilty that all the features available through the Rockbox project may not fully work on all the implementations; we have not purchased a licensed commercial product after all so there is not much room for complaining here after all. Try also contacting XVortex http://xvtx.ru/rockbox/contact.htm and the Rockbox project group http://forums.rockbox.org/ (there was an attempt to create a working Rockbox implementation for XDUOO X3 about a year ago http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php/topic,51139.0.html

Good luck... I hope you'll find the help you need as your endeavour is noble and worthwhile...

Dec 24, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #1,162 of 2,617
Thanks for the reply. Yes it's all free. But free can be the most costly option sometimes!

There is really no other good solution for an mp3 player for blind people who want to listen to audio books.

Dec 26, 2016 at 5:18 AM Post #1,164 of 2,617
I've recently installed the latest vortex Rockbox version (161218) on my X3. Works fine, but for some reason the .Rockbox folder is visible in the menu. Anyone know why and whether it can be hidden?

Thanks.

Dec 26, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #1,167 of 2,617
.Rockbox folder is never hidden.

Cheers.

Not according to previous posts and screen shots I've seen. They all show Files and Database menu items under the main menu. None show a .rockbox folder, which is visible on my device. It's odd that the firmware folder can be browsed from the main menu of the player and I would like it to be hidden as it's the first folder in the menu list.

Dec 26, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #1,169 of 2,617
  Assuming its working on the X3 port, you should be able to set the view settings to "don't show hidden files/folders".

Thanks, this prompted me to play with the folder view settings and it did the trick. In case anyone else has this issue, its under 'Settings' -> 'General Settings' -> 'File View' -> 'Show Files'....I changed this setting from 'All' to 'Supported'.  The .Rockbox folder is no longer listed in the menu after this change.

Dec 28, 2016 at 6:02 AM Post #1,170 of 2,617
Dear fellow RockBoxers, i have a xduoo x3 with the latest rockbox installed on it.
I have a desktop computer with a creative x-fi elite pro.
I have RMAA installed on the PC.
I generated a 24bit 96khz test signal wav file using RMAA.
I copied the test signal file on a microsd card and inserted it in the second slot in the xduoo x3 with RB.
I connected the xduoo x3 to the line in of my creative x-fi elite pro using a very short jack-to-jack shielded cable.
I run the RMAA test twice. 
First test was done with the player booted in Rockbox
The second test was done with the player booted in original firmware.
I took a picture of the frequency response comparison between the two.
And just by looking at the picture you realise that Rockbox downsamples the 24bit96khz to 44.1khz.
I bought a hi-res player, why does rockbox downsample my hi-res file to poor cd-quality level?
Is there a setting anywhere in rockbox to enable true 96 and 192khz file playback?
Also there is a spike in frequency response around 500Hz only on Rockbox Firmware.
I know Rockbox adds a tonn of new features to the player, but it basically removes hi-res support alltogether.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back