Rockbox Xduoo X3
Aug 3, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #616 of 2,617

In case you didn't see my earlier posts, my X3 cards no longer work in a card reader for some bizarre reason.  Windows (7 or 10) can't even access them to read or reformat.  Therefore, I HAVE to use stock OS with USB.  This same card reader worked when I first set up the X3. 

I did not see your earlier posts but please try to do this.

• Ensure you are on the latest stock Firmware
  • Connect the X3 in stock OS, repair file structure if prompte, and copy one file to each SD Card
  • Remove the device using the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" option in the windows toolbar.
  • Allow the X3 to scan both cards for media (takes a while)
  • Turn off the X3 completely.
  • Remove a microSD and insert it into the reader.

If this does not fix it the problem is almost certainly your micro USB reader.

Aug 3, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #617 of 2,617
I did not see your earlier posts but please try to do this.

1. Ensure you are on the latest stock Firmware
  2. Connect the X3 in stock OS, repair file structure if prompte, and copy one file to each SD Card
  3. Remove the device using the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" option in the windows toolbar.
  4. Allow the X3 to scan both cards for media (takes a while)
  5. Turn off the X3 completely.
  6. Remove a microSD and insert it into the reader.

If this does not fix it the problem is almost certainly your micro USB reader.

Thanks buddy. I'll give it a go. I don't think it's the reader though. My laptop has an on board sdhc slot and I got the same results.

Aug 3, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #618 of 2,617
Aug 3, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #619 of 2,617

someone? anyone? please? :)

Hi.

You're looking for last.fm support in rockbox. Please check here :
http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/LastFMLog

You'll both be able to check the general behavior of the audioscrobbler logging, and read the known issues section.

A big Cheers to the RockBox communauty who brought RB into existence, and to XVortex who brought it onto XDuoo X3.

Thezac.

Aug 5, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #622 of 2,617
Dear Sr.,
I just installed successfully the rock box port to my xDuoo x3. Trough all the posts here there is not a single plantation on how to create playlists or even see the music files in Aflac and MP3 that I have already in my sd card, wich I can play using original firmware. Could you explain easily how to add the files to rock box or how to create a playlist? I read all he manual for Sansa clip but it seems very difficult for me. Thank you in advance and look forward to your answer. Sorry for my English.

Aug 6, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #623 of 2,617
Please, someone to help me on how adding music to rock box in xDuoo x3 successfully installed. I already have all my music files on 64g SD card on slot in both Flac and MP3 format. The original firmware can perfectly play both types of files.
1) Do I have to create a playlist first?
2) please some Me explain every single step to add all music files into a single playlist.

Thank you very much.

Aug 6, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #624 of 2,617
HELP! I don't know how to add my music in SD card 1 (in Flac and Mp3) to Rockbox in xDuoo X3. I can play those files using Stock Firmware but there is no way of adding this music when I change to Rockbox. When I press Database (new), it get stock in "371 files..." and nothing happens....Please, I'm desperate with this, having two days trying to solve it...Thanks!

Aug 6, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #625 of 2,617
If your files are organised in folders is easy and you don't need to use database.

Just click on files and then it will show all your files and folders.

E.g. mine are stored like this

/A/artist/album/01 - track.mp3

So instead of database just go to files and you can see your songs there.

Aug 6, 2016 at 6:02 AM Post #626 of 2,617
Thank you for your quick answer, Glenn.
When I click on FILES (button play/pause), nothing happens. The music files doesn't appears.
I have stored my music files on SD card 1 as the images shows:
E:/.rockbox, MUSIC FILES

Inside MUSIC FILES, there are two file folders: Flac, Music Mp3.

I'm desperate with this. Thank you very much!

Aug 6, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #627 of 2,617
OK. Try putting them in folders on the root of the card

I.e. instead of .rockbox/music files/mp3/*.mp3

Put them in /music/files/mp3/*.mp3

My guess would be that because they are in the .rockbox folder, they are hidden so this means the player won't read them.

Aug 6, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #628 of 2,617
Ok, but they are NOT inside the .rockbox folder. There are outside that folder in a folder called "MUSIC FILES". Inside this last ones, there are two more folders, called "FLAC" and "Music MP3".

So, what you're saying is put all the music files (both FLAC and MUSIC MP3 folders) inside a single folder called MUSIC FILES, for example?

Thank again.

Aug 6, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #629 of 2,617
Oh. Sorry I've misread your post.

No they should work fine as they are then. Not sure why they're not recognised.

You can definitely have files within multiple folders so you don't need to move them all in to one.

I don't know why nothing happens when you go to files.

On mine it will then display all the folders that are on the card and you can navigate them and then select a song.

Is your sd card definitely format fat32?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back