Rockbox questions
Mar 31, 2010 at 8:27 AM Post #16 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Subaru /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One thing I might of overlooked in the manual they say you a switch between rockbox and the apple OS during boot up?

Correct!
You have overlooked that, cause it is well described in the manual.
wink.gif

Here: 3 Quick Start

Mar 31, 2010 at 2:29 PM Post #18 of 33
Ahh this is driving my crazy.. I thought it was just because I was laying down last night, But I hear like a slight popping sound with rockbox with the headphone output. It's rather annoying because I was listening to some ambient last night when trying to rest.. I got so annoyed I just took the headphones off and sat it in my dock.

Mar 31, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #19 of 33
What encoding is used by the music file? I have not heard any popping sounds with rockbox on my iPod. Can you play this file in the original firmware or on another source (computer) and, if so, do you hear popping then?

Mar 31, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #20 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjisme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What encoding is used by the music file? I have not heard any popping sounds with rockbox on my iPod. Can you play this file in the original firmware or on another source (computer) and, if so, do you hear popping then?

it's a itunes file AAC 256kbps I don't think I have heard it on any Mp3 files I ripped.

I never heard it popping with the ipod firmware

Mar 31, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #21 of 33
Using a stable (version 3.5.1) or a current build? In either case it may be worth trying the other one.

Apr 1, 2010 at 11:08 AM Post #24 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Subaru /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it's a itunes file AAC 256kbps I don't think I have heard it on any Mp3 files I ripped.

I never heard it popping with the ipod firmware

question about AAC playback.

Yep it's because of AAC, I'm guessing the popping sound is essentially it skipping.

I'm not quite sure how it works but I read on the rockbox forums that essentially that higher bitrate AAC only works perfectly without skipping or issues on some rockbox players. Other than that you may want to see whether turning off certain features like EQ/crossfade helps. I know for a fact that 320 CBR mp3s work completely fine for anything though.

Apr 1, 2010 at 11:24 AM Post #25 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2rooi123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question for everyone: Can a rockboxed ipod mini play wma lossless?

No, Rockbox do not support WMA Lossless at all. Regardless which unit it runs on.
SoundCodecWMA < Main < Wiki
Quote:

Both WMA Std. flavors are supported. No special WMA variants are supported (Pro, Voice, Lossless) due to lack of an open source decoder.

Apr 1, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #26 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSky0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
question about AAC playback.

Yep it's because of AAC, I'm guessing the popping sound is essentially it skipping.

I'm not quite sure how it works but I read on the rockbox forums that essentially that higher bitrate AAC only works perfectly without skipping or issues on some rockbox players. Other than that you may want to see whether turning off certain features like EQ/crossfade helps. I know for a fact that 320 CBR mp3s work completely fine for anything though.

yeah Mp3's play fine with no issue at all.. I will try the EQ and crossfade settings.

Apr 2, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #28 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by maguire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi I have Sony S739F, can it be Rock Boxed? cause id love to play flac files on it?

Do you see your player listed here? DeviceChart < Main < Wiki
If not, then it can not be Rockboxed. At least as of now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back