Rockbox is a PITA
Oct 14, 2007 at 6:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

physh

100+ Head-Fier
I have a 5.5g 80gb ipod, and I love what rockbox does to the sound. It filters out the buzz, and the eq is great.

BUT

It's a pain to use. It takes atleast 1-2 min to scroll through my database to get to some songs.

Also I can't use (or I havn't figured out how) to use itunes purchases.

Is there any way to make the scrolling faster? Why is it so freaking slow.

Oct 14, 2007 at 7:04 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by physh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a 5.5g 80gb ipod, and I love what rockbox does to the sound. It filters out the buzz, and the eq is great.

BUT

It's a pain to use. It takes atleast 1-2 min to scroll through my database to get to some songs.

Also I can't use (or I havn't figured out how) to use itunes purchases.

Is there any way to make the scrolling faster? Why is it so freaking slow.

RTFM
tongue.gif
J/K

AFAIK you can alter the scroll speed in the lcd settings somewhere.

Oct 14, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #3 of 7
to use your itunes purchases download myfairtunes, well google it and go to the hymn forums and follow those instructions, and have it convert them to mp3 after it converts them to m4a. then just copy them from your itunes music folder to your player.

and you can go to settings and change the scrolls speed (atleast you can on my sansa).

Oct 14, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by infamous16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
to use your itunes purchases download myfairtunes, well google it and go to the hymn forums and follow those instructions, and have it convert them to mp3 after it converts them to m4a. then just copy them from your itunes music folder to your player.

and you can go to settings and change the scrolls speed (atleast you can on my sansa).

Ugh...converting a lossy file to another lossy format.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 14, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ugh...converting a lossy file to another lossy format.
rolleyes.gif

Sound quality probably isn't a concern if you're buying stuff from iTunes anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back