Rockbox Fuze
Dec 13, 2009 at 2:35 PM Post #16 of 23
Get a Sansa E2x0, like an E280. They don't have much capacity but Rockbox adds SDHC compatibility to them (for reading, not writing, have to use an external card reader to put music on it) and they have FM radio. I have one of those too, t'was my old player before the iPod, now it's my "just in case" that I hope I never have to use. I don't really miss the radio, I have enough music where if I put it on shuffle it's like commercial-free built-for-me radio.
tongue.gif

Dec 13, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_equalizer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This has made me look to the Sansa Fuze as a possible replacement for my iPod but Rockbox still does not support Fuze v2
frown.gif
What am I going to do!? I'm so spoilt by Rockbox's features that going back to stock firmwares will be a real pain! I can only hope that support for the Fuze v2 is complete in the not-so-far-ahead future.!

You can check eBay for used Fuzes and ask the seller to check the version. I have a Fuze V1 which I purchased new. I just bought a used V1 off of eBay as a backup.

-Pony

Dec 13, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #18 of 23
I find the official firmware really awkward to use compared to Rockbox, but that's probably because mine had Rockbox on within the first 10 minutes of buying it and I haven't really touched the official firmware since.

You can boot into official firmware though easily by holding left on the scroll wheel while you turn the player on. No idea at all what crossfeed or anything like that does so I haven't really touched it. Just using Rockbox for the pretty little themes and gapless lol
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 13, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #19 of 23
Yeah the Sansa firmware is a bit awkward, I used it on my E250 for a couple of years or so before I found out about Rockbox, and now I can't imagine using the old firmware before, so slow and clunky in comparison.
tongue.gif
The themes, gapless, FLAC and ReplayGain are my reasons for using Rockbox. Not to mention it's faster than the OF, and in the case of my iPod, NO ITUNES
biggrin.gif

Dec 14, 2009 at 6:01 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpalsm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah the Sansa firmware is a bit awkward, I used it on my E250 for a couple of years or so before I found out about Rockbox, and now I can't imagine using the old firmware before, so slow and clunky in comparison.
tongue.gif
The themes, gapless, FLAC and ReplayGain are my reasons for using Rockbox. Not to mention it's faster than the OF, and in the case of my iPod, NO ITUNES
biggrin.gif

The benefits seem enourmous in rockboxin it, I will do it straightaway if it turns out to be V1 whcih it may considering it is a used one I'am purchasing.

Dec 15, 2009 at 1:12 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its version 2,there goes rockbox.

Bummer.

As I stated before, I purchased a V1 Fuze off eBay as a backup. I had the seller check the version.

Based on the model number shown, I have a feeling that this on is a V1: eBay Link

%21BhDW0YwB2k%7E$%28KGrHqUH-DcEsO2FtftIBLHeeD%28UR%21%7E%7E_12.JPG

I wouldn't guarantee it though.

-Pony

Dec 15, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by PouncePony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bummer.

As I stated before, I purchased a V1 Fuze off eBay as a backup. I had the seller check the version.

Based on the model number shown, I have a feeling that this on is a V1: eBay Link

%21BhDW0YwB2k%7E$%28KGrHqUH-DcEsO2FtftIBLHeeD%28UR%21%7E%7E_12.JPG

I wouldn't guarantee it though.

-Pony

I've got mine already so it doesn't really matter now,I'll have to wait for rockbox to come up with something for us
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back