Rockbox doesn't like Tool :(
Apr 25, 2009 at 2:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

tkl.hui

Head-Fier
Rockbox can't seem to play any of my Tool songs. I have them all in FLAC and when i play them, its just like a sharp hissing sound playing. The files are fine on my computer because I can listen to them with Foobar and WMP fine. I really don't get why its just with the Tool songs they don't seem to work. All my other songs are perfectly fine.

EDIT: forgot to mention this is on my Ipod 5g 80gb. Also, after I try playing one of the Tool songs, when I go to play other songs, it plays from one channel, but the other channel becomes a loud shrieking kind of sound. I end up having to restart the ipod and then its fine.

Apr 25, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #2 of 16
weird
confused.gif

Apr 25, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #5 of 16
is your logic board OEM?? perhaps you have recieved an OEM logic board unknowingly as a replacement. it does sound like an audio driver mismatch though. like the settings on the tool rip (sample rate) are misrepresented to RB.

Apr 25, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #6 of 16
Lateralus and 10,000 days in flac on H140 with RockBox plays fine for me

Apr 25, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #9 of 16
I had this problem with mine as well, everytime Rockbox would go to play the flac it would crash. All I had to do was decode the Flacs to wave, and re-encode them and they worked fine. It was very odd but doing this worked for me.

Apr 26, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #10 of 16
I have yet to have any problems with my flac and I just ripped Thriller SE to flac using EAC and had no problems with the files.

Apr 27, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #11 of 16
Whats the frequency rate for them?

I noticed that it was just a high pitched noise like you said for 96khz(stupid me for thinking that would work lol).
I can't remember if I changed it to 96khz or if it was default on the converter I used, but I switched to 48 or 44khz and it worked fine.

Tried this on my h10 a while back.

Sorry if I didn't help any, this was my problem, but I was stupid back then so it probably isn't yours.

Apr 27, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #14 of 16
Rockbox is such a pill. Itunes decided to wipe my ipod after I installed rockbox for no reason. I've since redone it and make sure to have booted into ipod mode when I sync things...but I've had so so many anomalies occur with RB that I don't even bat and eye when something insane happens anymore.

Apr 27, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by lifesundeath /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rockbox is such a pill. Itunes decided to wipe my ipod after I installed rockbox for no reason. I've since redone it and make sure to have booted into ipod mode when I sync things...but I've had so so many anomalies occur with RB that I don't even bat and eye when something insane happens anymore.

lol. I'm wondering why you still sync it? With rockbox you can just copy and paste the files in and its good to go. But ya its true, there are many wierd things that happen when using rockbox i should probably just accept it since it is open source after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back