ROCK Zircon + Mula IEM Impressions Thread
Apr 30, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #1,084 of 1,258
  I have KZ EDR1 and i am interested in the zircon. Can anyone compare? Is it worth it?

Pretty much opposites of each other.  EDR1 is neutral/thin/bright.  Depending on how someone wants to classify it, it's somewhere in there.  Zircon is bassy and thick, the highs are understated but, surprisingly, don't get lost in all the warmth. 

Good sized soundstages on both.  Zircon is probably bigger, despite the bass and warmth, but I'd have to A-B them again to be sure.

EDR1 has a preciseness/analyticalness to it, while Zircon is more airy/diffused and has an enveloping aliveness that makes it fun.  

I think I've seen some people say the EDR1 has a lot of bass.  Either mine is broken, or we have a different definition of a lot.
Some people say the Zircon doesn't have excessive bass.  Either mine is broken, or we have a different definition of excessive.  The extra bass and warmth is fun on songs that don't inherently have those things, but it's too much for me on bassy songs.  

May 1, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #1,085 of 1,258

Pretty much opposites of each other.  EDR1 is neutral/thin/bright.  Depending on how someone wants to classify it, it's somewhere in there.  Zircon is bassy and thick, the highs are understated but, surprisingly, don't get lost in all the warmth. 

Good sized soundstages on both.  Zircon is probably bigger, despite the bass and warmth, but I'd have to A-B them again to be sure.

EDR1 has a preciseness/analyticalness to it, while Zircon is more airy/diffused and has an enveloping aliveness that makes it fun.  

I think I've seen some people say the EDR1 has a lot of bass.  Either mine is broken, or we have a different definition of a lot.
Some people say the Zircon doesn't have excessive bass.  Either mine is broken, or we have a different definition of excessive.  The extra bass and warmth is fun on songs that don't inherently have those things, but it's too much for me on bassy songs.  

Presently having a listen on my Zircons which I haven't used for some time. Damn these things are epic. The bass is RIDICULOUS but somehow they maintain really good detail and clarity. Such good value for money but you definitely need to be a basshead to enjoy them.

May 2, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #1,086 of 1,258
  Presently having a listen on my Zircons which I haven't used for some time. Damn these things are epic. The bass is RIDICULOUS but somehow they maintain really good detail and clarity. Such good value for money but you definitely need to be a basshead to enjoy them.

+1 True.  
ksc75smile.gif

May 2, 2016 at 8:36 AM Post #1,087 of 1,258
I am thinking of getting one. should I get one @10$??

I'd only get the Zirc's if you can get the Auvio tips or something very similar. I didn't like them with the stock tips.

May 2, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #1,090 of 1,258
Mine have arrived into the country. It's another day or two of waiting at best. Yayyy!

All my headphones shall play with a 10 dB bass boost for the next few days, as a form of welcoming ceremony for the arriving Zircons.
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 2, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #1,091 of 1,258
  Mine have arrived into the country. It's another day or two of waiting at best. Yayyy!

All my headphones shall play with a 10 dB bass boost for the next few days, as a form of welcoming ceremony for the arriving Zircons.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Funny Wrx, you may want to consider 12db boost
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

May 2, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #1,092 of 1,258

Funny Wrx, you may want to consider 12db boost
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

I've never experienced an earthquake (and hope I never do) but I imagine it might feel similar to cranking up the Zircon on a bass heavy track. 
wink_face.gif
  It's bone shaking, skull rattling stuff.

May 2, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #1,093 of 1,258

Thats good to hear about the zircon, makes me impatient to try them out. The EDR1 does have a lot of bass thats true, its not like overbassed or how to say this, if there is no bass in the song then its not really heavy bassy but when there is then you can feel it and its great.

It is possible that it might not be enough for someone but at least for me it is. Does it mean the zircon does have excessive bass? :) I see what you mean, hopefully it wont be too much.

May 2, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #1,094 of 1,258

This sounds great, cant wait for them now :) I do enjoy heavy bass so we will see

May 3, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #1,095 of 1,258
  I've never experienced an earthquake (and hope I never do) but I imagine it might feel similar to cranking up the Zircon on a bass heavy track. 
wink_face.gif
  It's bone shaking, skull rattling stuff.

I can't seen to think clear anymore.....too much rattling! 
L3000.gif
  Haha! Thanks, 'crabdog'! Great comments on the Zircon's! .....still loving my Zircon's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back