ROCK Zircon + Mula IEM Impressions Thread
Apr 28, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #1,067 of 1,258
  Ordered these a while ago to compensate for the Piston 3's disappointing me. Big bass and good mids with not harsh treble? Sign me up :D

BTW it's always easier to EQ the bass out if there's too much than to add it. Hate cheap headphones that seal poorly, you try to EQ some bass in and then it just sounds like a distorted tub.

Hope the Zircons are good. First song will be Xzibit - LAX
ksc75smile.gif

Try the Auvio tips if you want...they work great for me. If you have the Puro's those tips work as well. My Zircon's sound great IMO and are well worth the $$$. 
Good luck with them and let know your impressions.

Apr 28, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #1,068 of 1,258
  Try the Auvio tips if you want...they work great for me. If you have the Puro's those tips work as well. My Zircon's sound great IMO and are well worth the $$$. 
Good luck with them and let know your impressions.

I love my Zircons. Phat bass and non-fatiguing sound, perfect for hiphop. Also the best cable of all the cheaper earphones I have. Sometimes that bass can almost be overwhelming (though it remains well controlled), if that's the case try different tips. Like CADCAM said the Auvio tips are a good match.

Apr 28, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #1,069 of 1,258
  I love my Zircons. Phat bass and non-fatiguing sound, perfect for hiphop. Also the best cable of all the cheaper earphones I have. Sometimes that bass can almost be overwhelming (though it remains well controlled), if that's the case try different tips. Like CADCAM said the Auvio tips are a good match.

It's funny I got the Zirc's & the Piston 2 (real not fakes) and didn't really feel either of them until I tried the Auvio tips. These tips, I don't know how, change the hp's so much for the good. I am not a basshead at all but the bass on both is now controlled, tight & quick. The cable on them is also really good. 

Apr 28, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #1,070 of 1,258
  It's funny I got the Zirc's & the Piston 2 (real not fakes) and didn't really feel either of them until I tried the Auvio tips. These tips, I don't know how, change the hp's so much for the good. I am not a basshead at all but the bass on both is now controlled, tight & quick. The cable on them is also really good. 

The Auvio tips really works well on some old classics I own again.....the SoundMAGIC E10 and gave them a new retrospect in life!

Apr 28, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #1,071 of 1,258

The Zirc's are great with anything that thumps but they are also the sexiest iem's I own, shells very much like my Klipsch X7's
wink_face.gif

I call them my Ying & Yang, not only in looks but in SS as the Klipsch are as rich in the highs as the Zirc's are in the bottom end
tongue_smile.gif

beerchug.gif

+1 1Clear, Auvio's FTW
biggrin.gif

Apr 28, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #1,074 of 1,258
  Y'all are not making waiting on China Post any easier with those juicy pics... :p

You're in luck Wrx, I have one more "Sweetest Perfection" to keep the anticipation up
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Apr 28, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #1,075 of 1,258
bigsmile_face.gif

That is nice!

I'm really looking forward to adding these to my collection for one particular reason - all my headphones seem to have recessed mids and bass that rolls off fairly quickly with no sub bass.
I like to listen to rap occasionally, and that's the kinda music that really plays out the ridiculously long and deep 808 kicks. My current cans can't appreciate that.

Only thing that has me kinda worried is the fairly low impedance of the Zircons, I hope they will play well with my PC's output and particularly whatever smartphone I decide to connect them to.

That said though, I really dig the design. I don't know if anyone here has ever played Warframe, but I just can't shake the association every time I look at these, wonder why?

Zircon PRIME!

Apr 28, 2016 at 7:40 PM Post #1,076 of 1,258

You're in luck Wrx, I have one more "Sweetest Perfection" to keep the anticipation up
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Pod are those Spinfits on your Zirc's?

Apr 28, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #1,077 of 1,258

Users who are viewing this thread

Back