ROCK Zircon + Mula IEM Impressions Thread
Mar 18, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #1,036 of 1,258
after 4 days of usage on Sony xperia Z2 with NC13 tips. the only con is it's a little bassy for my taste. installed viper4android and now this thing is absolutely perfect with very good noise isolation. never thought it would be that good for it's price.

Mar 18, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #1,037 of 1,258
  after 4 days of usage on Sony xperia Z2 with NC13 tips. the only con is it's a little bassy for my taste. installed viper4android and now this thing is absolutely perfect with very good noise isolation. never thought it would be that good for it's price.

Yes, for something so small their isolation is quite good. I'm a big fan on the Zircon.

Mar 23, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #1,038 of 1,258
cool.gif
Here's something interesting:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-New-Original-ROCK-Mucu-Stereo-Earphone-Running-Headphones-with-Mic-Flexible-Memory-Ear-Hooks-Sweatproof/519064_32631573567.html

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Mar 23, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #1,039 of 1,258
I went back to the stock tips from the Auvios. I have big ear holes, and even the large Auvios aren't as wide as the stock large tips, and the wider stock tips just seal better in my ears for best subbass impact.

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #1,040 of 1,258
  I went back to the stock tips from the Auvios. I have big ear holes, and even the large Auvios aren't as wide as the stock large tips, and the wider stock tips just seal better in my ears for best subbass impact.

Same for me. Do you know of any other tips the same size as Zircon large? 

Mar 24, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #1,042 of 1,258

Other large ones that fit me really well are the large whirlwinds, large Puro tips, large Sony Hybrid that have a sky blue center, Jlab tips, which I think are identical to the Spiral Dots going by look.

Okay great, will look at getting some of those. Thanks!

Mar 24, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #1,044 of 1,258

FYI, some Tennmak IEMs come with a large number of the whirlwinds. The Piano model I got came with 9 sets of tips, and 3 different color sets of large whirlwinds alone.

Oh wow, will look into getting some of those maybe.

Mar 30, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #1,047 of 1,258
Received my Zircon today. First impression is BASS, in a way takes away all the details. Giving it a bit of burn in and see if it will improve.

Is there such thing as fake Rock Zircon......  

Mar 30, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #1,048 of 1,258
Received my Zircon today. First impression is BASS, in a way takes away all the details. Giving it a bit of burn in and see if it will improve.

Is there such thing as fake Rock Zircon......  

In all fairness to my last statement about Zircon's do roll your tips (for me that would be Large , big bore Softies almost sticky) and maybe a smidge of EQ:flushed: there, I said it! Just a little bass reduction and the right tips can make you wonder who could do this for $10:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
:beers:

Mar 30, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #1,049 of 1,258
played with different type of tips and bit of EQ and listened to it for few hours... much better :)

In all fairness to my last statement about Zircon's do roll your tips (for me that would be Large , big bore Softies almost sticky) and maybe a smidge of EQ:flushed: there, I said it! Just a little bass reduction and the right tips can make you wonder who could do this for $10:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
:beers:

played with different types of tips and bit of EQ and listened to it for few hours... much better :)

Mar 30, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #1,050 of 1,258
played with different type of tips and bit of EQ and listened to it for few hours

At this point I would stay with thise tips and listen to them change all the way up to 50-60 hours of play. After that much burn in you may want to change the EQ setting:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back