ROCK Zircon + Mula IEM Impressions Thread
Dec 21, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #856 of 1,258
Okay so I should have skipped buying them all together then?

Also someone said using the Mulas tips on Zircons is a must, is that true?

Yes, very true.
I just swapped and couldn't believe it.
suddenly the subdued basses of ED11 came to life!!!!
Almost close to the zircon basses.

Thanks man, I will try it when I get home on the 27th.

Dec 21, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #858 of 1,258
Okay so I should have skipped buying them all together then?

Also someone said using the Mulas tips on Zircons is a must, is that true?

Yes, very true.
I just swapped and couldn't believe it.
suddenly the subdued basses of ED11 came to life!!!!
Almost close to the zircon basses.
couldn't believe my ears. Just swapped Mula's big tips on Zircon. They are really tip dependent. Mids became fuller, soundstage reduced a bit, affected the bass in bad way it sounds bloated now.
I overall prefer Zircon medium size tips, it sounds balanced. But outdoors I use big tips to get more bassy sound.

Dec 21, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #859 of 1,258
couldn't believe my ears. Just swapped Mula's big tips on Zircon. They are really tip dependent. Mids became fuller, soundstage reduced a bit, affected the bass in bad way it sounds bloated now.

I overall prefer Zircon medium size tips, it sounds balanced. But outdoors I use big tips to get more bassy sound.

I am pretty new to this "game" but I cannot help wondering if a mere tip change creates a new "product" signature, if we shouldn't open a new thread dealing excursively with tip swapping.
My KZ ED11 with the zircon big tips is a different product that might as well be called ED23 or what have you.
Wouldn't perhaps be a nice pass time instead of allowing our Chinese friends to empty our pockets on their next wonder product?
I have a very limited knowledge on tips. I would like to know more. If there are some more knowledgeable friends here they should come forward and contribute their experiences.
Thnx

Dec 21, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #860 of 1,258
I am pretty new to this "game" but I cannot help wondering if a mere tip change creates a new "product" signature, if we shouldn't open a new thread dealing excursively with tip swapping.
My KZ ED11 with the zircon big tips is a different product that might as well be called ED23 or what have you.
Wouldn't perhaps be a nice pass time instead of allowing our Chinese friends to empty our pockets on their next wonder product?
I have a very limited knowledge on tips. I would like to know more. If there are some more knowledgeable friends here they should come forward and contribute their experiences.
Thnx

http://www.head-fi.org/t/726229/the-tip-rolling-iem-modification-thread

You can bring this thread back to life!

Dec 21, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #862 of 1,258

Hah I know what you mean...

Hi Igor,
You have mentioned some IEMs that I would like to ask some info about if possible

1 Plextone X41M
2 **** F05
3.MOAOL M850

How do they compare to kz's and zircons?
Do any of them fall in the must have category ?
My genres are ambient/lounge, Jazz , classical+ Opera
tnx

I don't have all KZ's, and those that I have I haven't tested all of them yet (Still unopened my ATE Youth, ED9 Youth and HDS2). I'll just compare to Zircon...
1. Plextone X41M: The king of sub-bass. No where in my collection I have such earphones that actually vibrate, with a tickling sensation inside your ears, like these Plextones, maybe except GEDIAO G400 (which sounds not so good except the bass). The mids and highs are very nice, but not as clear or precise as on Zircon. Again, the sub-bass is insane, much more kicking than Zircon's.
2. **** F05 are among the most bright earphones I've heard. Yeah, they have plenty of bass, but their mids are vivid and the highs are very sharp, so sharp that the sibilance gets you tired.
3. MOAOL M850 have a massive bass, but the sound signature is almost as KZ ED10's. The bass is punchy and pretty enjoyable. The mids however are slightly off-tone, even dark a bit. Not so precise, not bad as well. Same thing about the highs.

I'd say only the Plextone are a must-have, just for their special abilities in the low-end.
As for your genres - Plextone aren't accurate enough, **** are too bright and sibilant, M850 are slightly too dark for opera and probably classical.

I think Zircon excels in those musical genres.

By the way, I received my Vibro Veritas, so it's measuring time!

Dec 21, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #863 of 1,258

I don't have all KZ's, and those that I have I haven't tested all of them yet (Still unopened my ATE Youth, ED9 Youth and HDS2). I'll just compare to Zircon...
1. Plextone X41M: The king of sub-bass. No where in my collection I have such earphones that actually vibrate, with a tickling sensation inside your ears, like these Plextones, maybe except GEDIAO G400 (which sounds not so good except the bass). The mids and highs are very nice, but not as clear or precise as on Zircon. Again, the sub-bass is insane, much more kicking than Zircon's.
2. Sender F05 are among the most bright earphones I've heard. Yeah, they have plenty of bass, but their mids are vivid and the highs are very sharp, so sharp that the sibilance gets you tired.
3. MOAOL M850 have a massive bass, but the sound signature is almost as KZ ED10's. The bass is punchy and pretty enjoyable. The mids however are slightly off-tone, even dark a bit. Not so precise, not bad as well. Same thing about the highs.

I'd say only the Plextone are a must-have, just for their special abilities in the low-end.
As for you genres - Plextone aren't accurate enough, **** are too bright and sibilant, M850 are slightly too dark for opera and probably classical.

Igor
thank you for your patience to write such a long and meaningful reply.
Have a nice evening

Dec 21, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #864 of 1,258

2. Sender F05 are among the most bright earphones I've heard. Yeah, they have plenty of bass, but their mids are vivid and the highs are very sharp, so sharp that the sibilance gets you tired.

As for you genres - Plextone aren't accurate enough, **** are too bright and sibilant, M850 are slightly too dark for opera and probably classical.

Igor
thank you for your patience to write such a long and meaningful reply.
Have a nice evening

Sure, that's what I'm here for! :) Good evening!

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #866 of 1,258

I don't have all KZ's, and those that I have I haven't tested all of them yet (Still unopened my ATE Youth, ED9 Youth and HDS2).

Very curious to get your take on the HDS2. I found them pretty disappointing and am fully expecting the Zircon to stomp them a new one, lol.

Dec 23, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #867 of 1,258
Been using some Sony hybrid clones with the Zircons. To my ear, the bass is subdued somewhat. Still an enjoyable listen though.

Dec 23, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #869 of 1,258
I did a quick Google search on these but what's hybrid about them? I only see a silicon ear tip with a coloured inner tube.

That's just a description that's common for them. Iirc, hardened inner plastic supposedly enhances the sound.

Dec 23, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #870 of 1,258
if anyone can compare the bass on these to SONY XB90EX, i'm not expecting the zircon to be sub bass heaven like the XB90EX but i'm wondering if when people say they're almost basshead, if that's a claim being made by bassheads or non-bassheads
basshead.gif

Could be nice to have as a beater/spare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back